Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, unfortunately I have hit three deer with my 2015 RAV LE and had most of the work done at a local body shop. This summer I noticed the AC is not working (blowing hot air) when the car is idling and the outside thermometer is going up and not matching the outside temp while the AC is not cold air. I brought it to the dealer for the 20k mile service and had them take a look. They say the fans are blowing the wrong direction (which makes sense). But my mechanic at my local shop insists they are in right and its a problem with the compressor. I have looked at it myself and see arrows on the fan motor that are pointing to driver side when looking forward (Local mechanic states they only go in one way).

Any help or a photo of you fan motor would be much appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
Airflow should be in the same direction that it would be if the car was in motion, (towards the engine), so if the arrow is pointing to the engine, it is installed correctly.
EDIT:Just looked at the pic, I think this arrow indicates direction of rotation., there should be another arrow somewhere showing airflow direction.
Also, while the AC is on, feel the compressor lines, one should be hot and one should be cold.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts