Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after reading a comment on this forum about Collinite wax when I first joined here, I dove off into researching waxes, sealants, coatings, and other assorted paint protection methods. This lead to me taking my 2015 Limited to a detail shop in St Louis that did a full 2-stage polish job on the paint for me last month. Thought I would share a few pictures of the finished product as well as an in-process pic (#3 shows the "swirl" in the paint on the left and the polished result on the right). I had no idea paint could look this good and that there was a whole world of professional detailing products out there that makes maintaining this look a piece of cake. I know I had never heard of a rinseless wash before, but am loving every second of it. Enjoy!

For those interested, this is not waxed. It's polished, with a silicone-type sealant over the top of it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,107 Posts
Nicely done. They took the time to mask it off which is a great sign of a professional job.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Beautiful! Out of curiosity, what do they charge for something like that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beautiful! Out of curiosity, what do they charge for something like that?
It would be totally dependent on who you had do the work and if you are doing an all-in-one polish/sealant vs a multi-stage polish with additional sealant. I had quotes as low as $100 and as high as $900. I went with a detail shop that was somewhere close to the middle and got a 2-stage polish + sealant. Had I went with a ceramic coating like I wanted to, the price would have been a LOT more.

I will say this much, do your homework and check credentials/references as it's fairly easy to mess up your paint if done improperly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts