Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there fellow Ravvers.

I need a new antenna for my 2015 Rav. I need the type that screws into the roof part. Can anyone suggest a good brand as I don't want to buy a dud. Thanks in advance.

Matilda :smile

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
You could replace it with a sharkfin antenna, a few of us have with no issues so far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there

That's a cable you screw in isn't it, that hides inside the fin. Is the fin easy to attach and how to I make sure the white will match my paint.
Thanks for replying.

Cheers
Matilda

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Yes it is, comes with 3 different size screws, the coiled wire with a spade terminal (need for the screws) and a paper template to help with measuring for proper fit. The fin has commercial grade double sided tape on it so once it's correctly placed, and 'stuck' on, it ain't coming off.

The antennas are color matched for all Toyota OEM colors.

I have to find the web page and post it up for you.

Here it is:

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/shark-fin-antennas.html

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have to find the web page and post it up for you.

Here it is:

Shark-Fin Antennas
Neither one of these will work on the OP's car. His car is a 2015 model and the Amazon fin states that it will not fit on a 2015 RAV4. The Beat-Sonic web site does not list a fin that will fit a 2015 RAV4 either. Do a search, and the only thing that comes up is wiring harness stuff. No fins.

I got burned on this. Toyota must have changed the base antenna mount on 2015 models. It must be longer and wider than previous models. The fin I got, recommended on this web site by a user, and the eBay listing says that it would fit . . . DOESN'T fit! It is possible that the Japanese made RAVs use a smaller antenna base than the Canadian made RAVs. Or, there was a mid-year change, which is known to happen with auto manufacturing. I wish someone who has a pre-2015 Gen 4 RAV would measure their antenna base, length and width. And, someone with an early model 2015 RAV would measure theirs. Until we know for sure what the differences are, if any, please stop recommending fins for the 2015 RAV, because they will not fit!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts