Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy cross bars and found OEM ones in EBay for 145.00 with free shipping. I saw another pair for $99 on Amazon and they're OEM clones. Anyone purchase the OEM and if so are worth the extra money

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got a set of Clones on eBay for $60 a set. Works well.... so really not that bad at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
They came already attached to my Rav. I haven't seen a use for them unless you do a lot of outdoor activities.
Same here - came with the vehicle, pre-installed.
Dealer refused to take them out (remove and give a credit) during the sale process, so I keep them. I like the look of Rav4 with cross bars on, though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine came with the factory bars. I just removed them and put a set of thule bars on. All of my accessores I had for my jeep (bike racks, ski racks, roof basket, cargo carrier etc) were set up for the square bars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought Oem crossbars and painted rails black

I didn't like the silver rails so I painted them black, I like it better all black. I did a quick spray paint can job and it turned out ok, but I might have to redo it after I come back from vacation because I'm planning on strapping fishing poles and gear on top and it might scratch off spray paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
Mine came with the rav no xtra charge. I tried to use them on the thule 527 bike rack (rack [email protected] and returning it). I will be buying a luggae bag for future trips. I can then put bike in car. Maybe the yakima model might work. I like mine, it does not effect gas mileage that much imho.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine came with the rav no xtra charge. I tried to use them on the thule 527 bike rack (rack [email protected] and returning it). I will be buying a luggae bag for future trips. I can then put bike in car. Maybe the yakima model might work. I like mine, it does not effect gas mileage that much imho.
reviving old post, Sorry. Manhog, did you ever end up purchasing a roof top cargo bag? If so, which one did you get. I see so many options but wanted to ask someone with a Rav4 what they are using. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.