Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing an EASYGUARD EC002-NS PKE Passive Keyless Entry Car Alarm System with Remote Start Starter Push Start/Stop Button Touch Password Entry Shock sensor alarm. To install this I desperately need a wiring diagram but cannot find one. Anyone out there know where I can get one? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I've installed a similar system. You will need waaaaay more than "A" wiring diagram. I needed about 30 or 40 pages of various wiring schematics for the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where did you find the diagrams? I am thinking of subscribing to Toyota's "TIS" for a few days in hopes that I can obtain them there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
To answer your pm here so all can see I do not know where to get a wiring diagram. I simply googled to get my info for my sound system update. But that is way less complex than a remote starter install. Now I had a remote start system installed in my car and it works great so it is possible. He used a system that he said is the same as if it came from the factory with one. Uses my factory key to start as well. Good luck! Sometimes it is just worth the 225 bucks to have a pro do it for you!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Where did you find the diagrams? I am thinking of subscribing to Toyota's "TIS" for a few days in hopes that I can obtain them there.
Alldatapro. But I doubt you want to do that. It is an expensive subscription service I have access to at my job.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Unless you have some very good electronic experience and/or experience with car electronics I wouldn't take this on yourself. You may need an immobilizer bypass module as well or sacrifice a key with a chip in it(cut off the head) which will have to live in the ignition. But you will be having to cut and splice your high current ignition wires, tap into your door locks, horn, lights, etc. etc.

LOL, from the website, "The ONLY real intelligent car alarm special for your car—make everything is under control!"

·
Registered
197 Posts
^^ROFL!!!!

I had mine done by a local guy that has done all of my cars and does great work. He did not require me to lose one of my keys(that would be sketchy as hell with the XLE as I have have push button start.) so he def used a bypass.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
^^ROFL!!!!

I had mine done by a local guy that has done all of my cars and does great work. He did not require me to lose one of my keys(that would be sketchy as hell with the XLE as I have have push button start.) so he def used a bypass.
It's one of the options for the install of pushbutton start on keyed vehicles on most of these modules.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts