Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2015 rav4 limited awd for the wife and she is having some hesitation issues when trying to get out in traffic, seems to just sit there for 2-3 sec and then will go, 33k miles, taking it in for service on sat, need ideas. Found only one poss tsb tsb 0023-15, transmission shudder, some say to disconnect battery to wipe out memory of last persons driving habits, need ideas wife doesn't feel safe

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just bought a 2015 rav4 limited awd for the wife and she is having some hesitation issues when trying to get out in traffic, seems to just sit there for 2-3 sec and then will go, 33k miles, taking it in for service on sat, need ideas. Found only one poss tsb tsb 0023-15, transmission shudder, some say to disconnect battery to wipe out memory of last persons driving habits, need ideas wife doesn't feel safe
Check and see what mode the transmission is set, if Eco change to normal ,it should accelerate better.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I first experienced that lag with my brand new 2006 Highlander. Scared the crap out of me when I tried to pass someone on the NJ Tpk. My '09 RAV and 2012 Highlander both exhibited the same behavior as well. It's a Toyota thing sorry to say.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I first experienced that lag with my brand new 2006 Highlander. Scared the crap out of me when I tried to pass someone on the NJ Tpk. My '09 RAV and 2012 Highlander both exhibited the same behavior as well. It's a Toyota thing sorry to say.
well, that doesn't sound promising

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
bmullikin1
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing