Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my wife's Volkswagen Golf, I believe she is able to play music on regular radio, and if the Navigation App (google map) on her cell phone has an alert to make a turn at so-and-so street, it will automatically switch from radio to the alert voice, and then back to radio again.
Is there any such capability for the Rav4 2015 Limited? So far it seems like I have to explicitly set Audio source to Cell Phone. If I set audio source to radio, it doesn't play any sound from my cell phone at all, even when paired and connect with bluetooth.

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Mine does, I play music from my phone all the time thru Bluetooth, when I call or get a call, the music stops then resumes after the call, Bluetooth setup is for audio and phone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine does, I play music from my phone all the time thru Bluetooth, when I call or get a call, the music stops then resumes after the call, Bluetooth setup is for audio and phone.
I have this question as well.

I just got a new 2015 Rav4 and while playing music through the bluetooth(radio mode is set to bluetooth), the navigation from my phone comes through. But when playing music through the radio (mode is AM/FM/XM) the navigation from the phone does not stop the music and interrupt. Only when the mode is set to bluetooth does the navigation interrupt. (My phone calls and texts do interrupt while playing radio though)

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
I don't listen to AM/FM/XM much if at all, so I can't tell ya what it does in that mode.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my iphone if I go into google maps settings, there are two options: Play voice over bluetooth and Play as bluetooth phone call. If both options are on, then navigation interrupts no matter what the audio source is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
On my iphone if I go into google maps settings, there are two options: Play voice over bluetooth and Play as bluetooth phone call. If both options are on, then navigation interrupts no matter what the audio source is.
This is also true for Android for anyone who is curious. Open Google Maps, go to settings, then navigation settings. Options are "play voice over Bluetooth" and "driving notifications," which is for ETA notifications when you're connected to Bluetooth in the car.

Reactions: DL4thT
1 - 6 of 6 Posts