Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the sudden my 2015 RAV4 door handle stop working. I tried to look under the owner manual on the fuse box under the instrument panels but no luck. I tried to replace the battery on my key FOB and no luck either. I would take it to the dealer but my RAV4 just pass the 36xxx warranty mark. If anyone have any idea what cause it or where I can look next, pls let me know. Thanks in advance.

Admin if my thread post is not approviate pls feel free to move it.

Thank you

·
Registered
63 Posts
No solutions for you, but I'm curious if it is happening with just the driver's door or also the passenger door?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The passenger and driver side door handle sensor are not working.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
If you are just past the 36,000 mile mark, most dealers will do the warranty work if you ask nicely.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
The passenger and driver side door handle sensor are not working.
So the neither the passenger or driver door handle sensors will unlock the doors by touching the handle. If I understand correctly, the FOB will not unlock the doors either . Do the rear doors unlock using either method? Do you hear the normal beep when attempting to unlock? NOTE: usually you have to push the unlock button on the FOB twice to unlock ALL doors.

Will they lock by touching the handle or using the FOB? Do they work when using the buttons on the interior arm rest?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Some other questions and suggestions....

Does the red light on the FOB illuminate when you push any buttons (assuming it has a red light), which would indicate the battery is good and installed correctly?. Does the panic button work? Does the rear hatch open from the FOB?

Do you have the same problems with your 2nd key?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Where is the other smart key? You didn't leave it in the car by any chance?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Where is the other smart key? You didn't leave it in the car by any chance?
Good one "JuneBug". That would cause the failure.
I'm eagerly following this thread as to what cause it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I'm curious as my wife's 2015 Limited as now starting to have this problem. It is intermittent which makes it even tougher to figure out. Battery replacement hasn't helped either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts