Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a bit of a local snow/ice event yesterday while my Rav was parked outside at work. I had stored my ice/snow scraper in the spare tire well.
I started the car, and pushed the liftgate open button. I heard two quick beeps- and nothing else. The liftgate did not open. Going outside and pushing the button on the door didn't help either.
I assume the door was iced shut.
Can anyone confirm this is what the two beeps were telling me?
Then I got to thinking. How does one manually open the powered liftgate door?

Would appreciate any help/comments, thanks in advance.

Bill

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Do you have an owner's manual? Start reading on page 124 section 3-2. Opening, closing and locking the doors. The manual PBD switch is above the license plate. The beeps mean there was a malfunction, in winter weather it's best to use a silicone treatment on the door seals to prevent this issue.

Tim

·
Registered
160 Posts
There was a bit of a local snow/ice event yesterday while my Rav was parked outside at work. I had stored my ice/snow scraper in the spare tire well.
I started the car, and pushed the liftgate open button. I heard two quick beeps- and nothing else. The liftgate did not open. Going outside and pushing the button on the door didn't help either.
I assume the door was iced shut.
Can anyone confirm this is what the two beeps were telling me?
Then I got to thinking. How does one manually open the powered liftgate door?

Would appreciate any help/comments, thanks in advance.

Bill
Mine got stuck too, also makes the two beeps every time I push the button (control, liftgate or inside), might take a look at the recall to see if yours is included mine is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts