Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced the rear door speakers in my 2015 rav 4 xle. Everything was a breeze to remove and replace/ put back. Only problems now are that 1- my rear windows won't roll down 2- my door locks won't lock in the rear (only manually) and 3- the rear speakers no longer work. I've re checked and rechecked every connection because I only unhooked two things, the speaker and the window switch. I've tried checking fuses and every fuse is fine under the hood and the fuses I did check under the steering wheel turned up fine as well, I've unhooked and rehooked my connections, and as a last resort I tried disconnecting the battery and have left it unhooked for plenty of time ( entire work shift). What am I missing/ not doing correctly? Locks and windows work perfect up front, just the rear is the issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
are the pins all straight and not bent or touching another in the window/door control connectors?

when you say you checked fuses did you pull them out and use a multimeter on them? sometimes they blow (to small a crack in link) to see.

1st I would disconnect the rear speakers and try to fix the windows, locks problem.

if you did have the speakers + and - set wrong on the speakers, I could understand the radio not working or hu going into some kind of protect mode or blowing a fuse on back of radio, it doesn't make sense, since both door and speakers have different harness.

After you remove old speakers and you used metra mount or not? how did you mount the speaker to the metal frame? the 7 inch circle where you put the speaker in has a bundle of wire right above the hole on the inside that you cannot see. did you use sheet metal screws and not check whats behind the panel, what you are screwing into, if did maybe screw went inside wire bundle causing short to ground. etc

Maybe one of the wire harness in the door has a weak or broken spot inside one of the cables. try putting the cables in different positons to see if you get anything to function. (but really this doesn't make sense, since all the wires have multi strains in each wire, not like your 1 connector in home wiring.(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just checked the pins and everything was good. Got a little curious and peeled back some electrical tape and one wire was bunched up a little. Made sure nothing punctured the wire (it was clean as a whistle) straightened the wire back and viola, all systems go. Thank you for your time and reply, it's GREATLY appreciated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts