Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,I was wondering if I can buy a shark fin antenna in magnetic gray metallic. I saw other person on this forum who has it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
XionZ87
in Ebay type (TOYOTA RAV4 2013-2015 shark fin antenna) its $59 free shipping but from Taiwan?

I'm about to pull the trigger and get it in Pearl White, available color: 040, 070, 1F7, 1G3, 1G6, 202, 209, 3P0, 8S1, 8S6, 8S7, 8V9 best to check your color code?

regards

Gary Pasz

·
Registered
424 Posts
XionZ87
in Ebay type (TOYOTA RAV4 2013-2015 shark fin antenna) its $59 free shipping but from Taiwan?

I'm about to pull the trigger and get it in Pearl White, available color: 040, 070, 1F7, 1G3, 1G6, 202, 209, 3P0, 8S1, 8S6, 8S7, 8V9 best to check your color code?
Ordered! Thanks for the link, Gary. A lot more expensive than the ones that come from China. Looks like a very simple install. Ten minutes max, and most of that making sure the roof is clean and finding any tool needed.

- - - - -

Edited to add:

WARNING!!! The fin antenna using Gary's eBay search parameters does NOT fit a RAV4. The one at the top of the search page is for a Scion, not a Toyota. Caveat Emptor! I now have a useless antenna and don't intend to purchase a Scion in Metallic Magnetic Grey so that I can use it.

- - -

:frown
Major bummer. Picked up the fin from post office today, (it was registered). It doesn't fit! The base of the OEM antenna is too wide and the fin won't fit over it. Color is a good match and build quality is fine. Kinda expensive for how simple it is. Came with a little packet that contains three different size screws, an Alcohol Prep Pad, and a little tube of "K-520 Primer Adhesion promoter", (whatever that is).

However, I might have to send it back. I guess it's possible that they changed the antenna base. My model is a late-2015 Limited. I'll have to think about it. I suppose I could take a Dremel to the base and whittle it down so that the fin base is wider. But, then it won't stick as well as it should.

·
Registered
424 Posts
contents of this post deleted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts