Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm thinking about getting my wheel covers painted black (probably to match the black plastic wheel well surround plastic.) Here are what my wheel covers currently look like -

I've searched for photos of this being done but can't find any. I'm thinking of doing it myself but don't know how to do it.

Thoughts, ideas, opinions?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
Plastidip is probably the way to go. There are many threads about plastidip here on the forum.

·
Super Moderator
11,109 Posts
Frankly the "blacked out" look doesn't appeal to me. If it does to you then go for it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
blacked out is awesome. Monotone colored cars look great.

at least when you're out doing bad things at night it'll be harder to spot you

·
Registered
17 Posts
Only problem with the steelies that come on the LE is the hub spindle (name?) is exposed when you take off the wheel covers. It looks weird with no dust cab IMO. They are very good looking hub cabs to start with.

OP if you decide to color them, grab ya two cans of plastidip from your local Auto Zone or Lowes. Spray heavier than you would for spray paint. If you don't like the color it peels off in one layer, pretty sweet.

With that said, I agree with Rtexas, blacked out rims look like trash unless you are under 22 years old. Looks like you are riding on 4 spare tires. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts