Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My 2015 XLE doesn't have heated outside mirrors.

Per the brochure (attached) on page 12, it indicates that the XLE comes standard with this feature.

Does anyone have an idea on why this would be? Was there a 2015.5 model year? Or could it have been a dealer swap out?

Further, does anyone have any recommendations on how this can be remediated?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
How do you know you don't have this feature?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The heated side mirrors will turn on when the rear window defrost button is on. My 2015 rav xle is canadian model, I don't think it matters though.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
You should go back to the dealership and tell them your heated mirrors don't work. If they say your RAV doesn't have heated mirrors, show them the brochure and demand satisfaction!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hello all,

My 2015 XLE doesn't have heated outside mirrors.

Per the brochure (attached) on page 12, it indicates that the XLE comes standard with this feature.

Does anyone have an idea on why this would be? Was there a 2015.5 model year? Or could it have been a dealer swap out?

Further, does anyone have any recommendations on how this can be remediated?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!
Ever suspect people like Stulgs work for the company that owns this forum and post stupid questions to generate foot traffic? It's all about generating $ from advertisements.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Ever suspect people like Stulgs work for the company that owns this forum and post stupid questions to generate foot traffic? It's all about generating $ from advertisements.
I seriously doubt that AutoGuide needs to pay people to post dumb stuff on this site. There are plenty of users here that are happy to do it for free. Like the guy on another thread asking about "Lombard" cushions for his seats. :confused:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I seriously doubt that AutoGuide needs to pay people to post dumb stuff on this site. There are plenty of users here that are happy to do it for free. Like the guy on another thread asking about "Lombard" cushions for his seats.
No, not pay someone like you or me. It's AutoGuide doing this. Just look at the poster's profile. Looks suspect:

Joined forum: Today's date
Total posts: 1
Topics started: 1

I've seen several of these and these posters never respond to members questions. Their profile stats never change. Just check back and see if Stulgs responds at all.

If I were AutoGuide, I'd do the same to generate foot traffic to my website. It's all about making money. I'm using an iPhone, but don't you see the ads on whatever you are using?

Don't get me wrong, I like this forum. Lots of good information/advice. It just irks me that, if I'm right, we are being played by AutoGuide.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
If I were AutoGuide, I'd do the same to generate foot traffic to my website. It's all about making money. I'm using an iPhone, but don't you see the ads on whatever you are using?
No, I use Firefox 50 and UBlock Origin, a plug-in that eliminates most ads. I highly recommend it.

Don't get me wrong, I like this forum. Lots of good information/advice. It just irks me that, if I'm right, we are being played by AutoGuide.
I hear you, but AG seems to have a huge majority of automotive sites sewed up. And it's not like they listen to me when I make suggestions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How do you know you don't have this feature?
I assume there would be a heated side mirror symbol on the mirror itself.

I guess they don't have this symbol then?

Thanks for the many responses, didn't realize my questions was a 'dumb' question when posting after doing a search.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
If I'm not mistaken there is a symbol near/on the rear window defroster switch on the dash indicating that it controls the mirror heaters as well.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
If you happen to have an infrared thermometer, you will see the temperature of the mirror rise very quickly if it is working.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
I assume there would be a heated side mirror symbol on the mirror itself.

I guess they don't have this symbol then?

Thanks for the many responses, didn't realize my questions was a 'dumb' question when posting after doing a search.
I had a Nissan that had that symbol on the mirror, but my RAV4 which definitely has heated mirrors does not have the symbol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Stulgs I didn't think it was a stupid question. I wondered the same thing on my wife's XLE Hybrid. Does look like it has it cleared up quickly when it was fogged up with rear defrost on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts