Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have 1 2016 Rav4 with 20K on it. Went to start it a few hours ago and the engine wouldn't turn. Power is good. Battery is good. Different keys had the same result. Tried with the OEM remote Starter with the same result. When I checked the fuse panel I noticed that the AM2 fuse was burned out. When I replaced it the AM2 fuse immediately burned out.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem?

·
Registered
143 Posts
If its blowing right away I'm going to say it has a short to ground. I don't have a wiring diagram but am2 fuse usually has to with the ignition circuit(power going to from ignition switch) since it's blown immediately I would start at the wiring going to the switch. Has anyone done any work on the car lately, if so start there. If not start looking rubbed/"frayed wires under the hood to start with. Since it's blown immediately have someone put a fuse in and see if you see a spark. Should be covered under warranty(and dealers headache to figure out) unless someone did some modding to the car(causing the issue) or perhaps a rodent chewed through the wiring..

Sent from my R1 PLUS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the vehicle towed to the dealer this morning. Nice that Toyota Roadside sent a flatbed tow. Dealer found that ignition wiring behind the dash was kinked and over time shorted out. They repaired the short, replaced to fuses in the engine compartment and one inside. Back to normal hopefully.

"dts828" you where 100% bang on. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts