Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New here so I apologize if this has already been asked/answered, but I could not find the answer by searching.

I am looking to purchase a cargo liner for my 2016 Rav4 SE. I was able to find part number PT908-42135 but says it only fits up to 2015. However, when I look up Weathertech and Husky it has the same part number for their cargo liners for both the 2015 and 2016.

Does anyone know if the OEM mats for the 2015 fit the 2016?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
My 2015 Limited Husky cargo liner works fine in my 2016 Limited Hybrid, so the 2013-15 liners should work in the gas 2016.

·
Registered
270 Posts
My 2015 Limited Husky cargo liner works fine in my 2016 Limited Hybrid, so the 2013-15 liners should work in the gas 2016.
??? The gas cargo liners do NOT fit the Hybrids properly. As you know, there is an elevated portion of the cargo space immediately behind the rear seats in the Hybrid that does not exist in the gas models. Toyota has a completely different OEM cargo tray for the Hybrid.

However, the 2015 cargo liner should fit the 2016 gas models.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
The Husky cargo liner fits fine, better than the stubby OEM hybrid liner that only covers the flat part and has no lip to catch spills.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah, the liner will fit in the space, but it doesn't fit the contours of your car. So either you have a tray that's partially floating in mid-air in the middle, or else you have to adjust the cargo space floor underneath it and angle it up to make it fit. Neither is an elegant solution IMO.

OTOH, you're right that the OEM tray keeps part of the cargo area exposed, since it doesn't extend all the way to the rear of the seats. I think the best solution would be to have a two-tier shaped cargo tray to fit the Hybrid, or else have a second piece that only covers that storage area just behind the seats.

And the Hybrid OEM tray does have a lip, all the way around.

However, this is besides the point for the original poster's question, because the 2015 cargo tray should fit the 2016 SE (and other gas 2016 RAV4 models) just fine. It's only the 2016 Hybrid that is different.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Exactly what I told the OP originally.

The miniscule lip around the OEM all weather mats is pretty much worthless, I never used them in my 2006, 2015 nor this one.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Exactly what I told the OP originally.
Yes, I was just repeating it, because I took the conversation off track. :)

The miniscule lip around the OEM all weather mats is pretty much worthless, I never used them in my 2006, 2015 nor this one.
If you mean the cargo tray, it's similar in my Prius and I find it sufficient for stuff like gardening supplies, but it may not be enough for other stuff.

For the floor mats, I find the lip on the US OEM front floor mats quite decent.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
The OEM cargo liner from a 2015 LTD will fit a 2016 LTD....this I can verify

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Yes, I was just repeating it, because I took the conversation off track. :)

If you mean the cargo tray, it's similar in my Prius and I find it sufficient for stuff like gardening supplies, but it may not be enough for other stuff.

For the floor mats, I find the lip on the US OEM front floor mats quite decent.

Think of a serious spill, like having a leaky drain plug on your 100Qt fish cooler that's full of salmon and ice, if I had the OEM cargo liner, I would have had wet STINKY carpet, but the Husky liner saved the day.

The 2015 OEM all weather mats are insuffient as well, but the 2016 all weather mats are much different, they actually have a lip that's comparable to the Weathertech I had in the 2006 and the Aries I have for the 2015, I like the OEM all weather mats that came in my Hybrid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got the Kagu 3d MAXpider cargo mat from Amazon Warehouse (refurbished for $59) that fits the gas versions, waterproof, rubberized surface to keep from skidding, and goes up the edges/sides a bit. Normally $100. Good texture makes it seem like more of a fabric mat without giving up any waterproofing relative to WeatherTech or Husky.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hello,

New here so I apologize if this has already been asked/answered, but I could not find the answer by searching.

I am looking to purchase a cargo liner for my 2016 Rav4 SE. I was able to find part number PT908-42135 but says it only fits up to 2015. However, when I look up Weathertech and Husky it has the same part number for their cargo liners for both the 2015 and 2016.

Does anyone know if the OEM mats for the 2015 fit the 2016?

Thanks,
I also have a 2016 SE AWD and I bought the OEM cargo liner PT908-42135. It fits.

I bought this over the WeatherTech and Husky liners, because I didn't want the high lip all around thinking it would be difficult to get to the spare tire compartment or the compartment behind the second row seats without having to remove the cargo liner. It does have a low ridge all around though. But seriously, how much liquid is anyone expecting to spill back there?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts