Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2 day pass to Toyota TIS and thought I would post the Entune TSB from April 4, 2016. If you have any of the problems below with your 2016 Entune system, you may need a software update. Attached is the full TSB, apologies if this has been posted before.

Some 2016 model year vehicles equipped with Entune™ Audio (version UU.10.48), Entune™
Audio Plus (version EU.10.68 or EU.20.05 or EU.20.08), or Entune™ Premium Audio (CU.10.71
or CU.10.72 or CU.20.05 or CU.20.08) may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
  • Swiping feature inoperative on APPs or Setup screens.
  • Meijer Department Store is intermittently pronounced “Mee-jer”.
  • Number of transferred contacts is not updated.
  • Slacker skips 2 songs when using steering wheel controls.
  • Starting Pandora via Voice Recognition is intermittently inoperative.
  • Transitioning from BT Audio to Entune, no sound is output (iPhone and Android).
  • FM mode will show the incorrect number of available stations intermittently.
  • Voice Recognition will not start intermittently.
  • Audio is intermittently not displayed on the home screen.
  • Rumbling sound when no audio is playing.
  • Intermittent “Message list could not be loaded” is displayed when retrieving messages.
  • Audio information does not match between the Head Unit and Instrument Cluster.
  • Instrument Cluster has incorrect display of XM channels.
  • Panoramic camera view is intermittently inoperative.
  • Scout voice guidance has rear speakers muted.
  • USB Audio Playback resets after key cycle.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have gotten 2 over the air (OTA) updates for Entunes. My unit is now on CU.20.14. Alas, it still has intermittent problems. Specifically:
-Interface lockup.
-Bluetooth will not connect.
-Bluetooth drops and reconnects.
-Voice control can't connect with server.
-Entune won't connect with Entune phone app.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If by OTA you mean that entune app, I don't think that actually updates the firmware. I think it only updates the apps on the stereo. I picked up my rav4 last week and it came with version EU.20.17 Might be worth asking your dealer if there is an update for you.

·
Registered
107 Posts
sanchezhacker, According to the T-SB ( PDF ) you included, CU.20.14 is the current version for my unit. The updates looked like a firmware update. Both updates caused a full restart of the infotainment system. Anyway, the lockup problem may have been fixed--for another user on these forums--by having the unit replaced. I may go that route as well. My concern is, every time I have a dealer work on my car, it comes back worse than when it went in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was looking at my wife's Rav 4 and her unit is already on 20.14. It is 20.14 for everything. My Rav had 20.08 and was updated today to 20.14 but Operating System, GUI, and Navigation stayed on 20.08. We have not had her Rav to the dealership since we bought it. It must have came with 20.14 already installed. Both have the Entune Premium. Hers was manufactured in Japan and mine was done in Canada. Not sure if that has anything to do with it being different.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I finally figured out that my android phone's bluetooth connection and the phone entune app connects to the head units...
currently the version cu.20.08...
how does one update?

I have 2016 Rav4 Hybrid Limited.

any information would greatly be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
I finally figured out that my android phone's bluetooth connection and the phone entune app connects to the head units...
currently the version cu.20.08...
how does one update?

I have 2016 Rav4 Hybrid Limited.

any information would greatly be appreciated.

Like I posted in your other current thread, see the 4.4 TSB section for the latest Entune software update.

RAV4.4 Fourth Generation (2013+ Models) - Toyota RAV4 Forums

·
Registered
18 Posts
thank you. now cu.20.26

Like I posted in your other current thread, see the 4.4 TSB section for the latest Entune software update.

RAV4.4 Fourth Generation (2013+ Models) - Toyota RAV4 Forums
Originally Posted by greekcs View Post
HEAD UNIT APPLICABLE FILE ON USB DRIVE

Entune™ Audio 15TBDANA-CA01_1116.kwi
Entune™ Audio Plus 15TDDANA-CA01_2102.kwi
Entune™ Premium Audio 15TDANNA-CA01_2026.kwi
Thank you!

just updated my 2016 rav4 hybrid limited from cu.20.08 to cu.20.26
is this the latest?
i noticed new apps of slacker and saved destinations, but not much different.

now... how about the map? I have the Map Version: 05-35-51 2015-05-1, the SD card is 86271-35013.
The latest is 86271-35015 I think.

Thank you again!

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Originally Posted by greekcs View Post
HEAD UNIT APPLICABLE FILE ON USB DRIVE

Entune™ Audio 15TBDANA-CA01_1116.kwi
Entune™ Audio Plus 15TDDANA-CA01_2102.kwi
Entune™ Premium Audio 15TDANNA-CA01_2026.kwi
Thank you!

just updated my 2016 rav4 hybrid limited from cu.20.08 to cu.20.26
is this the latest?
i noticed new apps of slacker and saved destinations, but not much different.

now... how about the map? I have the Map Version: 05-35-51 2015-05-1, the SD card is 86271-35013.
The latest is 86271-35015 I think.

Thank you again!

The 86271-35015 is hardware, my dealer parts guy told me the next Nav data update SD card won't be available until November, they run $130-$180.

https://toyotaparts.bochtoyotasouth.com/oem-parts/toyota-disc-disc-player-8627135015

·
Registered
7 Posts
on the 2017, the maps version is 05-36-53 2016-10-3
how do you guys find the part # for the navation sd card, i did a search on toyota dealer and nothing came up.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Like I said in my last reply, the new cards won't be available until November according to my Toyota dealer parts guy, contact your dealer parts dept.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts