Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2 day pass to Toyota TIS and thought I would post the Entune TSB from April 4, 2016. If you have any of the problems below with your 2016 Entune system, you may need a software update. Attached is the full TSB, apologies if this has been posted before.

Some 2016 model year vehicles equipped with Entune™ Audio (version UU.10.48), Entune™
Audio Plus (version EU.10.68 or EU.20.05 or EU.20.08), or Entune™ Premium Audio (CU.10.71
or CU.10.72 or CU.20.05 or CU.20.08) may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
  • Swiping feature inoperative on APPs or Setup screens.
  • Meijer Department Store is intermittently pronounced “Mee-jer”.
  • Number of transferred contacts is not updated.
  • Slacker skips 2 songs when using steering wheel controls.
  • Starting Pandora via Voice Recognition is intermittently inoperative.
  • Transitioning from BT Audio to Entune, no sound is output (iPhone and Android).
  • FM mode will show the incorrect number of available stations intermittently.
  • Voice Recognition will not start intermittently.
  • Audio is intermittently not displayed on the home screen.
  • Rumbling sound when no audio is playing.
  • Intermittent “Message list could not be loaded” is displayed when retrieving messages.
  • Audio information does not match between the Head Unit and Instrument Cluster.
  • Instrument Cluster has incorrect display of XM channels.
  • Panoramic camera view is intermittently inoperative.
  • Scout voice guidance has rear speakers muted.
  • USB Audio Playback resets after key cycle.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sad they wouldn't just let us install it our self. Reading the TSB, looks like no big deal.
Unless I'm mistaken(wouldn't be the first time) you should be able to update it if you have it paired with a phone that has a data connection. I'm not sure if there's any way to initiate it yourself since others have mentioned a message randomly popping up about it, I'm also not sure if you need the entune app installed on your phone.

@OP: Thanks for posting this, I've been wondering what they changed since I saw it mentioned.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken(wouldn't be the first time) you should be able to update it if you have it paired with a phone that has a data connection. I'm not sure if there's any way to initiate it yourself since others have mentioned a message randomly popping up about it, I'm also not sure if you need the entune app installed on your phone.
When I paired my phone for the first time, it immediately popped a message wanting to install an update. I'm 98% sure I did NOT have the Entune app installed at that time. I have since received one more update via my phone's tethered Internet connection.

I do know the Entune app needs to be connected for the Internet apps to work. However, it seems like the tethered Bluetooth connection is sufficient for over-the-air updates.

As always, your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hmm. I paired my iPhone before I had Entune loaded, no prompts for updates. I did see a prompt to load the Entune application though and tapping it took me to the app store.

Once I loaded the Entune app I was informed I could not proceed until I installed an update to the radio unit (which proceeded to install all the Entune applications).

·
Registered
644 Posts
When I paired my phone for the first time, it immediately popped a message wanting to install an update. I'm 98% sure I did NOT have the Entune app installed at that time. I have since received one more update via my phone's tethered Internet connection.
I do know the Entune app needs to be connected for the Internet apps to work. However, it seems like the tethered Bluetooth connection is sufficient for over-the-air updates.
As always, your mileage may vary.
There are not actual updates. These were Java Apps uploaded from your phone Entune app to Entune head unit. (Like Pandora, Movie tickets and other crapware).
Crapware can be removed from menu in settings (Delete Personal Data)
The actual update can be done via USB. I just updated mine from version CU.20.08 to CU.20.14. I can see it in Update History. I went to a dealer and they updated it via USB.
Also dealer told me the update can be done via Satellite OTA (Over the Air). I assume it will download it automatically if you have a good sat signal. Not in Alaska.
Not all modules were updated to new CU.20.14 version. Part of the system still shows ver. CU.20.08

I can upload screenshots if you want.

·
Premium Member
6,204 Posts
There's an update to the update dated Dec 6, 2016.

Some 2016 – 2017 model year vehicles equipped with Entune™ Audio (version UU.10.48),
Entune™ Audio Plus (version EU.10.68 or EU.20.05 or EU.20.08), or Entune™ Premium Audio
(CU.10.71 or CU.10.72 or CU.20.05 or CU.20.08) may exhibit one or more of the
following conditions:
 Swiping feature inoperative on APPs or Setup screens.
 Meijer Department Store is intermittently pronounced “Mee-jer”.
 Number of transferred contacts is not updated.
 Slacker Radio skips 2 songs when using steering wheel controls.
 Starting Pandora via Voice Recognition is intermittently inoperative.
 Transitioning from BT Audio to Entune™, no sound is output (iPhone and Android).
 FM mode will show the incorrect number of available stations intermittently.
 Voice Recognition will not start intermittently.
 Audio is intermittently not displayed on the home screen.
 Rumbling sound when no audio is playing.
 Intermittent “Message list could not be loaded” is displayed when retrieving messages.
 Audio information does not match between the Head Unit and Instrument Cluster.
 Instrument Cluster has incorrect display of XM channels.
 Panoramic camera view is intermittently inoperative.
 Scout voice guidance has rear speakers muted.
 USB Audio Playback resets after key cycle.

Some 2016 – 2017 model year vehicles equipped with Entune™ Audio (version UU.11.13),
Entune™ Audio Plus (version EU.22.21), or Entune™ Premium Audio (CU.20.22) or older may
exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
 Missing Bluetooth Audio Information from instrument cluster MID.
 Long street names are not indicated when using turn by turn directions.
 Abnormal navigation routing.
 “Toyota Park Assist Settings” Button displayed in the setting menu.
 Unable to call phone numbers with “-” present in the number.
 Unable to send SMS via the Quick Message feature.
 Abnormal BT Audio Playback when inserting and removing the iPhone USB cable
from the USB port.
 Unable to play audio from iPhone connected via USB when 2 phones are connected
via Bluetooth at the same time.
 Intermittent “Browse” button operation in Bluetooth Audio.
 Hands Free sound quality improvement.
 Screen flickers when switching between day and night modes.
 Abnormal Pandora operation when switching between 2 iPhones.
 Intermittent rebooting.
 Diagnostic code U1110 or B15E6 is present.
 Diagnostic screen is displayed intermittently.
 Weather Map is inoperative.
 “Unable to connect to server” displayed when using voice recognition and searching
for “IHOP”.
 Abnormal panoramic view monitor operation.
 Other visual and usability enhancements.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,204 Posts
Looks like you can download last update rar file here, but I don't have an account.
Toyota Multimedia firmware update files
Can someone repost the files?
That's the original TSB, the thread was posted in November, the TSB update is dated Dec 6th, the file names aren't the same as those in the latest update, the following are the latest update file names. I certainly wouldn't download and install files from an unknown source, sounds like a good way to brick the HU to me.

Entune™ Audio 15TBDANA-CA01_1116.kwi
Entune™ Audio Plus 15TDDANA-CA01_2102.kwi 1
Entune™ Premium Audio 15TDANNA-CA01_2026.kwi

·
Registered
202 Posts
I am a member on the MHHAUTO forum. I put in a request for the firmware files. Ill be the guinea pig. :smile

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts

CB, looks like we will have to wait and see, I'm home late from work so I don't see myself being able to make it to the service department anyways. Also my wallet says no.
Turns out it does not cover my wife's 2015.
Funny that she has a software revision that matches, but the radio number (100319) and the OFP (86xxx-) software code do not match.

·
Premium Member
6,204 Posts
Had an update applied today whilst it was in for 12mo/10k service, told them I had a couple freezes and reboots, they updated all components to CU.20.26, seems to work fine so far. :D

1 - 20 of 76 Posts