Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there

Just got a new 2017 RAV Hybrid. My unit came with a (entune premium deck ver. 100575). However when I try to register the app it says VIN number not valid. the radio does not show any apps like pandora etc... Is there is a way to update the software to CU.20.26 without the entune app?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you located in Canada? It's my understanding the App Suite cannot be used in Canada. Who knows why.
thanks for the prompt response. I'm located in Puerto Rico, I spoke with the dealer and they told me that Entune apps are not available in PR. Now, what catch my attention is the radio has the XM logo but it does not have the app. I have other devices with XM and they work perfectly find with my subscription. I would like to know if there is a way to install the satellite app. Regards

·
Registered
20 Posts
In Canada, Sirius XM is provided free for a 3 month trial basis with the new vehicle. The App Suite is not required. It's simply an icon you can select on the audio screen.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
There are 3 "levels" of Entune radios. The two "top-end" (if you can call them that :rolleyes: ) have HD and XM, but the 2nd level does not have the App suite, and it uses the "Scout" Navigation that was available on Scion.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Ok maybe that explains it thanks I have the JBL system
Both the 2nd and 3rd level are available with JBL.
Seems like it may be regional. I didn't want the app suite or nav (it's horrible), but wanted XM.
That wasn't available in my area in either the '15 Rav or '16 Corolla.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think you are right that the region has something to do with it. I have the "top end" system and I can't get the App Suite because I am in Canada. Who knows what that has to do with it but it seems to make a difference. Probably something to do with licensing or something like that.

But XM is built in for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone got a newer software update? The one I updated a few pages back fixed the random reboot but now randomly doesn't play audio through the speakers on bluetooth/usb. Radio will work. Have to manually turn the car off and on for audio to work over those two sources. Really strange issue.

2016 Entune w/ XM

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Anyone got a newer software update? The one I updated a few pages back fixed the random reboot but now randomly doesn't play audio through the speakers on bluetooth/usb. Radio will work. Have to manually turn the car off and on for audio to work over those two sources. Really strange issue.

2016 Entune w/ XM
Rather than rebooting the whole car, press and hold the volume button to power cycle the head unit.

The one in my '16 Corolla was occasionally having issues where the sound would cut out for a few seconds every minute or so (any source, AM/FM/XM/BT), really irritating. It took me a couple of months before I found that I didn't have to pull over to restart the car to "fix" it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not about an update. Question: Does anyone know how to use ECO APP on the Entune screen? I can't find any instructions on how to use it in any of the Toyota manuals.

·
Registered
17 Posts
thanks! now cu.20.26

HEAD UNIT APPLICABLE FILE ON USB DRIVE

Entune™ Audio 15TBDANA-CA01_1116.kwi
Entune™ Audio Plus 15TDDANA-CA01_2102.kwi
Entune™ Premium Audio 15TDANNA-CA01_2026.kwi
Thank you!

just updated my 2016 rav4 hybrid limited from cu.20.08 to cu.20.26
is this the latest?
i noticed new apps of slacker and saved destinations, but not much different.

now... how about the map? I have the Map Version: 05-35-51 2015-05-1, the SD card is 86271-35013.
The latest is 86271-35015 I think.

Thank you again!

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
$adly, the map update$ mu$t be in$stalled by the $ervice department at your dealer$hip.
There is no online option due to DRM. the new SD card is installed and it is activated against the vehicle's VIN.

Sad, when Garmin and TomTom provide free updates for life for their midrange and higher products OTHER than those embedded in head units like Kenwood.

·
Registered
117 Posts
So I did the update months ago, but just now had the time to check out the versions... it seems that my Operating System is at CU.20.17, but all other stuff is at CU.20.26. Is that how it should be? Should I apply the update again?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank you!

just updated my 2016 rav4 hybrid limited from cu.20.08 to cu.20.26
is this the latest?
i noticed new apps of slacker and saved destinations, but not much different.

now... how about the map? I have the Map Version: 05-35-51 2015-05-1, the SD card is 86271-35013.
The latest is 86271-35015 I think.

Thank you again!
Actually, most of the items were updated to CU.20.26, with the exception of the very first item, Operating System, which remained CU.20.08.

Is this supposed to do that?

·
Registered
42 Posts
So I did the update months ago, but just now had the time to check out the versions... it seems that my Operating System is at CU.20.17, but all other stuff is at CU.20.26. Is that how it should be? Should I apply the update again?
Mine received the updates automatically a few weeks ago. When my phone was connected to the internet and also to entune via Bluetooth.

·
Registered
17 Posts
OS CU 20.08

Mine received the updates automatically a few weeks ago. When my phone was connected to the internet and also to entune via Bluetooth.
hi there, just received the Entune update too via phone.

The issue is... this update is just for Entune infotainment, not for the firmware.

with the above links most multiple items were updated from CU 20.08 to CU 20.20+, I think it is 20.26, except for the operating system.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
I'm pretty sure firmware updates can only be done by USB or possibly through Techstream at the dealer service dept, OTA updates are for Entune software apps which I've had several in the last few years, but only a couple firmware updates, 2 or 3 downloaded and installed by USB, and the TSB update applied by the dealer. You can see what the OTA updates cover by hitting "details" on the update screen before the installation. Here's the Toyota Entune download site.

https://securedp.toyota.com/download-app/getUpdates

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi my friends
I Download the frimware 13TDDANA-CA01-7073 for my toyota rav4 2014. then extract files and start to update saftware step by step. unfortunately i accost to error message? unable to update saftware please try again later?
please help me
thanks a lot

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 2015 with the Nav/entune--how can you check the firmware of the Unit itself not the Apps, And what is the latest firmware for the head unit--I would like to get that updated to the latest if possible, but want to find out what Im running first?

**I always get unable to update software please try again later? WTH

41 - 60 of 76 Posts