Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you want to know the latest Entune information you need to follow NikolaiAK. He always seems to have the latest Entune information and files.

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
I have a 2015 with the Nav/entune--how can you check the firmware of the Unit itself not the Apps, And what is the latest firmware for the head unit--I would like to get that updated to the latest if possible, but want to find out what Im running first?

**I always get unable to update software please try again later? WTH

Go to the Toyota download site to check for updates. To see what software you're running, from memory I think it's Apps>General> Software.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/127-4-4-tsbs/229929-2016-entune-software-update-tsb-6.html#post2461274

·
Registered
19 Posts
Entune and Nav Update

I got a 2015 Sienna XLE last year and I checked for an ENTUNE update and found that the second one came out this year. I downloaded it on a flash drive, installed with the motor running about 15min and now the voice commands work great. I went from 01014E to 010157. We got a 2017 RAV4 Limited last week and they installed the NAV SD card after the purchase so I was assured that the map would be up to date.:smile

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2017 RAV4 SE with "Entune Audio Plus" radio.

I'd like to see if there are any firmware updates because it does this annoying thing where when I'm listening to MP3 music off a USB drive. Every so often when I get in the car and start it up, the radio has lost track of which album I was listening to the last time and starts playing a completely different album but it's always the same album, I think it's the first alphabetically.

I can't figure out how to tell which firmware version my unit has.

I assumed it would be in "Setup > General > Software Information" but it has pages and pages and pages of software license agreements. I got tired of hitting the down button after a while and gave up. Is the firmware version at the end after all the license agreements? If so, that's a horrible design choice.

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
There are no 2017 Entune Audio Plus updates available that you can install at this time unless there is an OTA update which will show up on the display as " Software Update Available", IIRC. Your dealer would have to install updates applicable to TSBs, if you're having issues, have them check at the next service interval, I've always found that's the most productive time to have them check something that's not critical.

https://securedp.toyota.com/download-app/getUpdates

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't have an answer to the firmware question, but can tell you what you are experiencing with the USB stick is normal. Annoying, but normal. The stick has to "re-index" itself every time you re-start, so while it's indexing it will generally play the first song on the list of songs on your USB stick. Better learn to like that song! Sometimes it will play the last song you were listening to since the last restart instead. I'm not sure why that is. I have found that if you listen to the radio for the first couple of minutes first, it gives the USB stick time to index itself then you can switch over without this annoyance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, is there something specific you need to do to install the KWI file to update the system OS?
I formatted a 16gig USB drive to FAT32, copied over the applicable KWI file, plugged it into the USB of my RAV4 2016 (premium entune). and Nothing happens. Went to the software update page and nothing happens and doesn't offer to upgrade.

Do I need a smaller drive? Are you suppose to plug it in before starting the car... or some other magic?

·
Registered
644 Posts
OK, is there something specific you need to do to install the KWI file to update the system OS?
I formatted a 16gig USB drive to FAT32, copied over the applicable KWI file, plugged it into the USB of my RAV4 2016 (premium entune). and Nothing happens. Went to the software update page and nothing happens and doesn't offer to upgrade.
Do I need a smaller drive? Are you suppose to plug it in before starting the car... or some other magic?

What Entune model and FW version do you have now?

What kwi file are you trying to upload?

You must have a correct file for correct headunit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but I just wanted to give my experience with trying to update the firmware on my 2015 xle. According to the T-SB-0015-15 the latest firmware on my car should be DU.70.73...my head unit currently has DU.70.64. According to the TSB, the update file is 13TDDANA-CA01_7073.zip. I looked at the free download site and it doesn't show any updates...even though there have been at least 3 since my car was built. I looked at all the other cars listed in the TSB and they also don't show updates available. I called customer service several times to try to get the file...or at least try to get them to acknowledge that there was even an update available. I even got a 2 day pass to techinfo and wasted my $20 because you can NOT download the firmware on the $20 2 day pass. So....I FINALLY got a customer service person to acknowledge that the free update site was out of date and he promised to let them know to add the file.

So...if anyone has a copy of 13TDDANA-CA01_7073.zip please PM me...if I ever get the file, I'll try to attach it...shouldn't be an issue because it should be on the free download site.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Now I'm confused.
I have a 2014 Limited with the premium gps, non JBL and I have 13TDANNA - CA02_7075 as an update.
I haven't installed it yet. Mine currently has AU.70.75 firmware.

I got it at the "Toyota owners official website" as the latest update for my 2014.
Is that site not accurate or safe to trust?

·
Registered
4 Posts
it looks like you are already up to date. I need a different file for the Entune plus radio on the xle. I looked at the free download site and yours shows to have that update available...I can't figure out why they refuse to update the site for the other 2014 and 2015
Rav4s.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I was using only Pandora App.
Since Pandora was removed in November, I removed entire Entune App and reset the headunit to remove the icons.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I dont use and haven't installed the app on my phone, but I do use everything on the head unit.
Most of it works well enough.

I still can't get the darn thing to random play my USB though.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts