Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Crutchfield doesnt have the spec yet, but it looks like its the same as the 2015 version. Can anyone confirm? I have only had the car a few days and can't take the factory system any longer! It must be replaced! I think I'm going to go with the Pioneer AVH-X4700BS. Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
So Crutchfield doesnt have the spec yet, but it looks like its the same as the 2015 version. Can anyone confirm? I have only had the car a few days and can't take the factory system any longer! It must be replaced! I think I'm going to go with the Pioneer AVH-X4700BS. Thanks!
Just curious - what don't you like about the stock headunit?

·
Registered
35 Posts
From my perspective: If your on base le or se with entune plus your pretty much limited. The audio is spotty doesn't sound as good: speakers are blah. When paired via BT no audio artwork or when on Usb there is no audio details; it's a mess.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bluetooth has connection issues. Sound isn't terrible but I have been spoiled with my cars in the past.

In case anyone was wondering, the 2016 is the same as 2015 as far as harnesses and dash kits go. I installed my new head unit today. Just have to wrap up the rear camera integration. I know I saw some threads around here somewhere for the wiring.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Would love to see the installation when completed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the update and info on the 2016. I just purchased a 2016 LE and I am looking to upgrade to an Alpine navigation head unit. I ran across this harness: Crux SWRTY-61N Toyota Radio Interface W/ SWC & BUCam Retention 11-up. It runs about $100, but it sounds like a good solution. Any thoughts? Did you use this harness?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Crux SWRTY-61N

Thanks for the update and info on the 2016 model. I am in the same situation as you. I have a 2016 LE and I am looking to upgrade to an Alpine Navigation head unit.

Did you use this harness on your install?
Crux SWRTY-61N Toyota Radio Interface W/ SWC & BUCam Retention 11-up

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didnt use the hardness with back up cam. Wish I did at this point. Every forum has different answers as to the colors of the cam +/- power +/- I made a 12v to 6v converter just need to figure out the pins and if I fried the camera already. Did either of you pick up that harness? Lemme know what pins patch up to the Red/White/Black/Light blue on the toyota harness :) Other then that all of the 2015 harness/dash kit I purchased worked out well. Loving the new head unit minus the camera.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Install

I have not started my install yet, but I do plan to use the Crux SWRTY-61N Toyota Radio Interface W/ SWC & BUCam Retention. I am still assembling my components; hope to do the install in late March--weather permitting.

I am putting in the Alpine INE-W957, a RF Punch P500X1 running a RF P3-1X12 subwoofer, and a RF Punch P600X4 running a pair of Polk Audio MM6501 in the front and a pair of Polk Audio MM651 in the rear doors.

·
Registered
28 Posts
In case anyone was wondering, the 2016 is the same as 2015 as far as harnesses and dash kits go. I installed my new head unit today. Just have to wrap up the rear camera integration. I know I saw some threads around here somewhere for the wiring.
Did you hook up the internal microphone from the RAV? If so, which cable is it in the harness?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good news! I didnt fry the camera!!!!!!!

Ok so for the 24 pin connector that has the camera power and video feeds the pins are as follows:

Black - Camera power positive (need to make or buy a 12v-5-6v converter, I made mine for a few bucks)
Light Blue - Camera power negative
White - Camera video Positive
Red - Camera Video Negative

Ill post a picture later today. Looks good, I just need to pick up a better dash kit, mine looks like a lighter shade of grey.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to ask again - did you hook up the stock RAV mic for use with bluetooth? If so, where can I find that connection? I have a mic input on a new head unit I'm configuring and am trying to find the internal RAV mic connection with it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is there a head unit with 360 camera view? Since I have Limited Hybrid would like change it out to use google commands and google map. The OEM Navigation sucks. Navigation sucks because it takes you the long route or doesn't detect traffic up ahead to tell you go on a faster route.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts