Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen instructions for the install? Mine came with the two big screws which seem too large to be self threading. I thought I should at least drill a couple of small pilot holes. I did think that mounting the tag onto the bracket would screw into the bumper, so drilling recessed holes make sense.

Would like to hear from anyone that has done this. It seems fairly simple but I don't want to make a mess of the job.
:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did, but wasn't sure it applied to the 2016. If it's the same I am all good. Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
If you didn't get the instructions, I'd check with the dealer. My 2006, 2015 and 2016 Hybrid all came with the plate holder installed when delivered, so I've never seen the actual instructions, I think that's supposed to be a dealer install....here at least. If you don't want to check with the dealer, look at pics here of 2016s, lots of pics have been posted that show the location of the front plate.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/109-4-4-electric-rav4-hybrid-ev/217226-post-pics-your-rav4-hybrid.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts