Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 660 page 2016 Toyota Hybrid manual was just posted online in PDF form. I went through it and it definitely references the hybrid version and has vehicle drawings that reflect the redesign. I'm not sure how this site got it or whether it's the final version, but it is informative nonetheless.

https://carmanuals2.com/get/toyota-rav4-hybrid-2016-owner-s-manual-79898

·
Registered
424 Posts
Nice new features. Homelink and compass in the rear-view mirror as well as a return of the sunglass storage compartment next to the interior dome lights. Another page shows a "Windshield wiper de-icer switch". That's just what I found in the first few pages. Hmmmm. Maybe I'll take the big hit and trade-in for a hybrid.

I wonder if I'm reading this correctly. It has a new mode called the "EV drive mode". It seems to indicate, (p. 193), that when in this mode, you can 'disable' the gasoline motor and only drive on electrical power. That would be way cool, but range will be extremely limited, (based on how fast my hybrid batteries discharge on my Lexus when I drive such that only the electric motors move it along).

Looks like the hybrid batteries are under the rear seats, which means we lose that 'storage' area. It is nice that the air vents are on the side and not the front. On the Lexus, I was always quite concerned about putting stuff on the floor of the back seat passenger compartment because the vents would be covered. Looks like this won't be an issue with the RAV.

- - -

next page: driving in EV mode is limited to 1 km (0.62 miles). Oh well.

Reactions: internalaudit

·
Registered
424 Posts
page 213. Raindrop sensing windshield wipers. Lexus RX has them. They quit working and now only work when it feels like it. If not part of a package, don't bother getting them. They were nice to have at times, but finicky.

The car is also available with "PCS" A camera and RADAR controlled 'Pre-Collision System" that will warn you if the software determines that the probability of a frontal collision is about to happen. The RADAR antenna is in the Toyota logo on the front hood. Hmmmm? I wonder if the RADAR will be used for an adaptive cruise control, like on some of the Subaru cars.

p.s. Yup. Page 252. "Dynamic radar cruise control". Well done, Toyota.

I better stop and get something done here. Thanks for posting the link to the manual. It's exciting, (at least for this hybrid fanboy).

Reactions: internalaudit

·
Registered
846 Posts
600 and 300 paged-manuals :(

My wife never reads these manuals.

=====

If the battery is underneath the rear seats, will that mean the WeatherTech or Husky rear mats and cargo mats will have a different dimension?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
600 and 300 paged-manuals :(

My wife never reads these manuals.

=====

If the battery is underneath the rear seats, will that mean the WeatherTech or Husky rear mats and cargo mats will have a different dimension?
It's amazing how much of them is dedicated to disclaimers and safety warnings. You figure every sentence was as a result of a different lawsuit at one point or another.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts