Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a LED headlight kit (9012 but using a 9006 kit). When done installing, everything seem to work fine. I noticed that there seem to be no difference in brightness between the DRL and regular low beam. That doesn't seem right, i'm worried that the low beam is running off lower voltage than they would be if I were using just halogens bulbs. Or could the DRL now be using full low beam power? Any thoughts.

I'd wait until dark outside tonight to see how bright they really are, but i was doing test in my garage and I see a brightness difference.

·
Registered
160 Posts
how many watts are those LED's, that would make a difference just a guess. The diff between DRL and Low beam is minimum, I would be more concern if the output is lower on low beam now with the led'd than before.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
xenonhids.com I returned them, the flickered when i turn them off, almost like lightning for 2-3 sec after shutting off lights. I got them with the capacitors/warning cancelers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm no expert but here are my thoughts.I think the DRLs run on a lower voltage.With oem halogen bulbs,the lower voltage produces a less bright light.It appears the LEDs will operate at full intensity with 6vdc-30vdc.Therefore the LEDS are gonna be much brighter than oem drls.So effectivly the young guys with the older Civics with LEDs in the DRLs are running with their high beams on all the time.I think that is why I find them a little blinding at times in the daylight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts