Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased the Phillips 7443RLED lights
philipsautolighting.com/images/products/7443RLED_F.jpg

The outer two LEDs (top and bottom) are the braking lights and the middle two are the running lights
static.pepboys.com/images/productImages/43778100/7443RLED_Front.jpg

Problem is they don't work as they should, If I turn the light one way the brake lights work but the running lights don't, flip the bulb around and the running lights work but the brake lights dont.

Anyone else have that issue or upgraded their brake lights to LEDs?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So i have tried Phillips and now Sylvania, same problem, 2016's don't like aftermarket LED stop lights

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same problem. LED headlights are easy and simple enough to install. But I havent seen many people here discuss LED Tail lights and brake lights.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
I have the same problem. LED headlights are easy and simple enough to install. But I havent seen many people here discuss LED Tail lights and brake lights.
Toyota had LED brake and tail lights on every RAV4 from 2006-2012. I don't know why they reverted back to Mr. Edison's bulb.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if it has to do with the polarity of toyotas wiring. I never was able to solve this yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally figured it out, you have to use Dual polarity LEDs. The ones that work in any direction you put them in. All the Sylvania and Philips are polarized and dont work correctly. I bought some JDM Astar 7443's and they worked! Running and Brake light function like regular old bulbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts