Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to install a rear-facing dash-cam in my 2016. I took off the liftgate interior panel and found a good 12v power line. I am now looking for an ACC power line back there. I spent some time poking around with a voltmeter, but no luck. Anyone have a wiring diagram, know of a good ACC line, or have any other ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Why don't you just run a wire to front. It's a lot easier than looking ACC in the back area.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
There's a sticky above on wiring that should help: Every wire and its location for the 2015 Rav4

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why don't you just run a wire to front. It's a lot easier than looking ACC in the back area.
Ultimately, I will likely end up doing this. I was just hoping to avoid it.

There's a sticky above on wiring that should help: Every wire and its location for the 2015 Rav4
I looked there and did not see any mention of ACC wires in the back, but I may have been reading it wrong. I am now hoping someone has a different experience (or ideas) that would help me.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
You might find something around the rear doors for the window switches? Other than that I can’t think of anything that would be acc powered in back.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I end up hardwiring mine to underdash fuse box with add-a-fuse. 2x front, 1x rear. Much easier. Cannot put fuse cover back though. It's in glove box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts