Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to find the location of the Flasher Relay & if anyone has experience upgrading this to work with LED turn signal bulbs. I've gone through a number of LED bulbs that claim they don't hyper flash, but all do. LED headlights and brake lights works great but from my reading, it appears I need to find a digital flasher relay. A picture would be fantastic as well as any personal experience in this kind of adventure!

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Been discussed before.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been discussed before.

thanks ... would be a lot nicer if you could give me a path to that discussion!

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 XLE Plus
355 Posts
Unfortunately there's no relay from 2013 to present, its all in the computer now. I have LEDs on the front, I used Sylvania Zevo, they use quite a bit current plus I have a Switchback halo in each headlight housing. I played with a bunch of resistors and found that an 18 ohm resistor gets rid of the hyper flashing. So i ordered some 18 ohm 25 watt resistors. They don't get hot and the system works perfect but keep in mind that I have the replacement LED and a halo around the headlight projector. I believe the current draw was around 1.85 amps when combined

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.