Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one had problem with Starting the Hybrid?. I can turn power on and accessories power no starting, some how the car didn't recognize the smart key. Try all the suggestion from the manual No luck. Had the car towed to the dealer ship. They said the need the master Tech. on Hybrid to look at the problem in the ECU. Come on Toyota the car only a month old. Arrrrrg. Beware of the problem. No other fail safe to start the car.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Holding the key directly in front of the start button is supposed to work. I would think if the key is not recognized, accessory and power on mode wouldn't work either.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Gearshift in park? Foot on brake? First time my wife tried it she wondered why it wouldn't start when she didn't have her foot on the brake pedal. Then after I instructed her on that necessity, she still didn't realize the Rav4 was ready to go when the "ready" light came on. She was waiting for the engine to start!

I suppose if the brake sensor or gearshift sensorwere not working correctly that could prevent a start condition.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts