Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5-7-16
2016 RAV4 Hybrid Limited- is an alarm system included?

Thanks,
archiveman2977

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is weird as when you press the alarm on the fob, an alarm sounds. Would have been that hard to hook the rest of the system to use the alarm that is currently installed?

·
Registered
846 Posts
My 02 Civic has the panic mode too on the key fob but i don't think it counts as an alarm. Maybe I am wrong about the RAV4 though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does the 2017 RAV4 Hybrid Limited come with any type of theft-deterrent alarm system?

I mean the kind that sounds an alarm if your car is sitting in your driveway or parked somewhere and someone tries to break into it to steal items out of it (NOT the engine immobilizer) but a car alarm??? Like if someone (tries to) breaks the glass or pry the liftgate / hatch or a door open.

I'm not able to find ANY information anywhere and the people at Toyota haven't been able to answer my question, either. All they do during my inquiries is come back around to mentioning the "engine immobilizer".

I also haven't been able to find any info on whether the glass breakage sensor protection is available for the 2017 RAV4 Hybrid Limited. I mean the real Toyota warrantied protection, not a 3rd party aftermarket product.

It cannot be that a '17 RAV4 is sitting in your driveway or a shopping center parking lot and doesn't come with some type of audible alarm if the vehicle is tampered with. Not everyone who attempts to break into a vehicle wants to steal it - just the items inside.

Would someone please shed a more definitive light on this, please?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts