Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Rav4 seat is killing my back. I have tried every way possible to adjust it but after 15 minutes of driving my upper back is killing me. I have purchased 3 different seat cushions but they are too think. The seat is too hard and doesn't have any back support. Plus, the steering wheel doesn't extend enough to keep me from leaning forward. I am 5"8" so it is not because I am too short to reach it. I have had this vehicle for 6 weeks and have had severe back issues since I got it. I have been going to the chiropractor but that isn't helping.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I am very sorry to hear of your back problems. I can only speak for our 2016 RAV4 Hybrid Limited, softex seats in ash, but I am 5'11" and my wife is 5'4" and we find the seats to be very comfortable and have no problem adjusting them to our heights. Even on a three hour trip we have no complaints whatsoever. And, I even have arthritis in my back and a bulging disc in my lower back.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I too am 5'8" and have a bad back. Had ruptured disk surgery years ago that does at times limit me some. That said, I find the seats comfortable, but must admit I haven't spent more than 1 hr at a time in the short time I've owned it.
Don't have any great suggestions, but it's possible the car is not the REAL problem.

Agree the steering wheel could extend more. Mine is all the way out and another 1/2+" or so would be nice. But I'm not leaned forward at all??

·
Registered
551 Posts
My new Rav4 seat is killing my back. I have tried every way possible to adjust it but after 15 minutes of driving my upper back is killing me. I have purchased 3 different seat cushions but they are too think. The seat is too hard and doesn't have any back support. Plus, the steering wheel doesn't extend enough to keep me from leaning forward. I am 5"8" so it is not because I am too short to reach it. I have had this vehicle for 6 weeks and have had severe back issues since I got it. I have been going to the chiropractor but that isn't helping.
I also have '16 hybrid. When I first started driving it I had lots of back aches as well.
Have you tried adjusting the lumbar support? Most of my back aches went away
after I adjusted the lumber support.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts