Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am new on the forums and i have a question about the led DRL. I just purcased a 16 Rav4 LE and i was looking at the head lights and it looks like the LED strip is there but nothing lights up. Are the headlights just missing the led bulbs or does the LE just not have the DRL as an option. I recently watched a video from Toyota and it said all trims get the led DRL. I really like the look and just curious if they have them. The video also said there is led lighting just above the eco and sport mode buttons to help you see them better but after checking that area i didnt see anything. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool, thanks. The DRL are the strip just above the projector correct? And is there anyway to make them led?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Hello. I am new on the forums and i have a question about the led DRL. I just purcased a 16 Rav4 LE and i was looking at the head lights and it looks like the LED strip is there but nothing lights up. Are the headlights just missing the led bulbs or does the LE just not have the DRL as an option. I recently watched a video from Toyota and it said all trims get the led DRL. I really like the look and just curious if they have them. The video also said there is led lighting just above the eco and sport mode buttons to help you see them better but after checking that area i didnt see anything. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
This question has been asked to death ever since the 2013 came out. Short answer is NO, there are no LED's in that empty space in N. America, and no easy way to install them:

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/125-4-4-exterior/96049-no-led-dlr-2013-rav4.html

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/123-4-4-general/100369-connecting-led-drl-4-4-a.html

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/125-4-4-exterior/169865-questions-about-stock-lights-2014-xle.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason i ask i because led DRL were not available until the 2016s. I can see the strip where the leds go but im not sure if its possible to add the led bulbs. Just thought i would ask because the headlights are different then the 13-15 headlights. Thaks for the references.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I see the same strip on my 2015 LE,wished they were real. Noticed the grill between the headlights is a fake seems a bit silly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife just bought a 2016 XLE and I could have sworn when we looked at one at the dealership in Dec it had the led drl but the one she just bought which is identical in color, trim level and options we can't figure out how to get them to come on. Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My wife just bought a 2016 XLE and I could have sworn when we looked at one at the dealership in Dec it had the led drl but the one she just bought which is identical in color, trim level and options we can't figure out how to get them to come on. Any input is greatly appreciated.
To check if you have DRL on your rav, look at the stalk on your headlight/ signal switch if it has DRL OFF switch (my 2016 SE has DRL). Another thing you can check is by starting your car with all the lights switched off and check in front if the LED strip above your high/low beams is on.

·
Registered
258 Posts
There's a drl spot on the stalk but we tried everything to get them to come on but only the projector lights up.
If you turn the stalk to DRL and nothing comes on in the front lights then take it back to the dealer. When set to DRL, then something should come on in the front lights, either LED or Halogen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here,got my XLE today,went home and... couldn't figure out how to turn on the led strip on.Called the dealer and they said only limited ones have it .Bummer.But i can clearly see the leds inside,probably simple wiring hack would help.Sorry for my poor english skils.

·
Registered
160 Posts
tactical is right, I got a bit disappointing too when find out, mine is XLE, it should come standard on all vehicles like most cars do now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah same here for me, I purchased a 2016 LE on December 31st and it sure looks like there's something inside the strip, doesn't make sense that they would manufacture the same headlamps for all trims and not have the LED lights standard like all of the contending models from other makes.

I'm hoping one day someone finds out how to install or wire them up to work, if something is secretly tucked away in our LE, and XLE lamps!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
As hopeful as I'd like to be, I do not see LEDs in my headlight housing. I see Toyota using the same reflector housing that has all the areas for LEDs to be installed. It give the impression there are little diodes in there, but I don't think there are...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts