Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and didn't really find what I was looking for. 2016 LE aftermarket eBay fog light kit all installed, lights plugged into factory harness, switch not wired to anything right now. Does someone know where and how to wire up the interior switch? I read to T-tap into pin #36 white wire or pin #56 pink wire and a ground. I don't want to tap into the wrong wire and screw something up. I just have to add the relay on the passenger side under the hood right?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well I tried pin 56 which is a white wire and ground and nothing. I find it hard that no one with a 2016 used an after market kit with factory wiring. I also tried Pin 36 which is a green wire for me and also nothing. The switch lights up green that's about it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well I finally gave up, nothing works that I have tried so I just used the harness that the kit came with, and hooked the yellow wire or switch wire to the headlight fuse in the engine bay. Power from battery and ground. Now they com on when ever I turn my headlights on. So all in all took me about 15-20 mins and no firewall hassle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are the fog lights that you bought OEM? Where did you buy and how much? I’m interested in this MOD. I also have an LE Rav4
Not OEM, got them off Amazon but typical ebay style, anyhow they are great just cannot hook them up to the factory wiring without having an OEM switch as the wires are too big

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts