Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined this group as I really need help as I am extremely frustrated with Toyota. My sister purchased a 2016 RAV4 LE from Hertz sales lot. The car is in excellent shape and only had 15,000 miles on it. She spends a lot of time on the road and right after she purchased it, she noticed static on a lot of the radio stations. I took it to Michael's Toyota of Bellevue and they gave me a loaner car while they tried to duplicate the issue. One of the techs drove it home and then noticed static on majority of the radio stations. The tech told the Assistance Service Manager that I was dealing with and it was suggested we order a new head unit (or radio??). Apparently, to order this, they have to get permission from Corporate as these head units are locked down (can't order it). So it was sent to get permission and Corporate denied it saying there's no history on these radios being static and can't be duplicated!! WTH?? It's under warranty and they should stand by their products. So now, I was told some Rep will be there this week and suggested I bring the car back to them with the rep there and take the rep out for drive to see if the problem duplicates. Has anyone else experienced this kind of issue with their RAV4 radio?? The service manager gave me a number to Toyota Corporate as I am planning on calling them Monday to give them a piece of my mind :mad:

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
This is crazy! Did they even think to check the antenna? Is this only on FM stations? Try it on AM and see what happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they checked everything, the wires, the antenna. They even pulled the head unit out and all the connections are fine. It's only the FM stations that are static. They did a software update that was suppose to fix this but it didn't. I suggested maybe it's a defective radio and since it's under warranty, to have it replaced. But apparently Corporate thinks otherwise. :mad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with this radio so I can print out the reply and take it to Toyota on Weds when this so called Rep is there when I take the car. The rep is going to ride along and hear it as well.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I am new to Toyota with my wife's Rav4. I had a small Audi repair shop out of my garage, so I know cars for the most part. I switched over to Honda's after closing the shop down. (German cars are money pits) I seem to see Toyota denying people common warranty stuff on this site more then I ever did on the Honda sites.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts