Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2016 Rav4 LED Headlight Upgrade Question - Need Help Please!

I want to upgrade my 2016 Rav4 Halogen headlights to LED Headlights and came to know that LED headlights will work on 12 Volts on high/Low and DRL only.I am not sure whether my car uses 12 volts for both headlights and DRL OR it uses 12 volts for headlights & 6 volts for DRL(It is configured with Halogen DRL).
Can someone please confirm about voltage details?Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have an LE and the headlights in "DRL mode" will flicker with LED if you don't use a "flicker-kit", which from what I understand is just a capacitor. I tried the LED route but have not found a good set I like. Hopefully you find something as bright as the halogens.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Most LED aftermarket kits are Canbus ready and are flicker free. They have a chip built in so that nothing flickers, even DRL's. I recommend the OPT7 LED Kits. They put out a ton of light as compared to HID. HID's are in the past and flicker like crazy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks but I am looking 9012 LED Kits so that I can fit in smoothly.Found few but not sure which one is better(bright light and durability) for 2016 Rav4 XLE
1. SNGL 9012 110 w
2. BPS Lighting 9012 Headlight

OR we do have some better one available in market

Can someone share your experience?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I do not, my sister works for Toyota on the engineering side. Her and I were discussing different options. And she said this may be your best bet.

·
Registered
117 Posts
GENSSI ELITE 9012 HIR2 76W 6000K White LED Headlight Conversion Kit
Looked these up and found them on eBay. They look like just a direct bulb replacement. Is that true? Do you just pop them in and be done with it? They look nice by the way... :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bought the LED recommended by Ravvy17. Works perfectly on my 2016 Rav4. Installation was only around 5 mins. Definitely comparable to the lighting of my 2014 Corolla.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was looking on amazon for the Genssi LED. There was a question if it works on DRLs and the seller said "Our bulbs are not compatible with the DRL function of most vehicles".

ROMS does the DRL work in your Rav4?

thanks

·
Registered
298 Posts
This is a very informative article showing some of the differences in beam pattern with some different bulb brands. This web site is more tailored to Jeeps and trucks, but the testing that they do is very informative. They carry lots of bulbs that they seem to have actually tested. Notice the picture showing the comparisons between the bulbs. I think I am going to do more research and look into actually trying new bulbs (LED) in the stock fog lights rather than trying to find a whole new light. Most replacement lamps are too small for the opening.

What’s the best LED Headlight Bulb for Jeep Wrangler JK? – Better Automotive Lighting

1 - 20 of 156 Posts