Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Is there a way to get the navigation to be full screen upon startup? I found the option to uncheck "auto change to home screen" but I still have to click apps and navigation every time I start my SUV.

Very annoying.

Thx
jonpfl

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I know you can select a single, dual, or 3-way split with the Nav on the right... the single screen option might allow for the Nav to occupy the screen, not sure.

But even when it does, the Nav is rarely "full screen"... they throw a panel up on the right showing services at the upcoming exits, so it's still only half a screen.
I ditched mine for a Pioneer that my wife can actually input a destination while I'm driving.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I know you can select a single, dual, or 3-way split with the Nav on the right... the single screen option might allow for the Nav to occupy the screen, not sure.

But even when it does, the Nav is rarely "full screen"... they throw a panel up on the right showing services at the upcoming exits, so it's still only half a screen.
I ditched mine for a Pioneer that my wife can actually input a destination while I'm driving.
I noticed that right panel when I did an Entune update about 5 months ago. Never found how to turn it off, it's EXTREMELY annoying...

What model Pioneer did you get? And is the stock radio easily replaceable?

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I noticed that right panel when I did an Entune update about 5 months ago. Never found how to turn it off, it's EXTREMELY annoying...

What model Pioneer did you get? And is the stock radio easily replaceable?
Can't get rid of it. It'll clear on the highway if there is a long distance to the next exit with services.

I got the Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX and coupled it with the Maestro RR interface.
With the right adapter cables I was able to reuse my stock antennae.

I haven't done my wife's Rav yet, but my '16 Corolla was tool-less except for a 10mm socket needed to remove and secure the brackets. The dash panels just pop off.

Amazon was right around 1k for everything... Crutchfield was $500 more.

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Entune is only available in the US in the Rav4, Entune 3.0 is available in Canada in the 2018 Camry, Camry Hybrid and Sienna.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. The OP of this thread mentioned 's a uncheck "auto change to home screen" option to keep the navigation screen at full. I've been through every available option on my 2016 limited but unable to locate this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I do not see the selection for a single screen, only dual, or 3-way split . I like single screen.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I do not see the selection for a single screen, only dual, or 3-way split . I like single screen.
There is no option for a single screen.

Once the system is booted up, tap the Nav map and it will go full-screen. If you have "return to home" disabled, it will hold that screen.
I don't remember if it goes back to the 2/3 screen after a restart or not.

As I mentioned above though, even single screen is marginally useful, as it will go to a half screen map with upcoming POIs on the right side when you are on the highway, listed exit by exit.
Hello. The OP of this thread mentioned 's a uncheck "auto change to home screen" option to keep the navigation screen at full. I've been through every available option on my 2016 limited but unable to locate this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
It's there. I don't recall where, I stumbled upon it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts