Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[FONT=&quot]I don't think there is a thread created yet for 2016's. I took the plunge Saturday on a 2016 SE (first 2016 sold at my local dealer!). It was hard to get good information from [FONT=&quot]any dealer[/FONT], as I knew more about the 2016's/SE than they did. Anyway, I hope this helps someone else out in their new car search.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2016 RAV4 SE AWD in Black Currant Metallic (Advanced Tec[FONT=&quot]hnology Package, wheel locks, mudgu[FONT=&quot]ards, and roof rack [FONT=&quot]crossbar[FONT=&quot]s)[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] 35,104 MSRP[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- 2,000 Discount[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- 750 College Grad Discount[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]+ 515.16 Negative equity from trade-in (got $720 over KBB dealer trade-in value, still underwater)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]+ 1,251.24 PA State Tax[/FONT]
+ 238.15 Add'l Fees
34,358.55 OTD

·
Registered
14 Posts
[FONT=&quot]I don't think there is a thread created yet for 2016's. I took the plunge Saturday on a 2016 SE (first 2016 sold at my local dealer!). It was hard to get good information from [FONT=&quot]any dealer[/FONT], as I knew more about the 2016's/SE than they did. Anyway, I hope this helps someone else out in their new car search.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2016 RAV4 SE in Black Currant Metallic (Advanced Tec[FONT=&quot]hnology Package, wheel locks, mudgu[FONT=&quot]ards, and roof rack [FONT=&quot]crossbar[FONT=&quot]s)[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]+ 515.16 Negative equity from trade-in (got $720 over KBB dealer trade-in value, still underwater)[/FONT]
+ 238.15 Add'l Fees
34,358.55 OTD
That's a hell of a deal. I'm assuming its AWD? Seems like only the AWD versions are shipping with AT.

Here's my quote for the same vehicle:

Vehicle Price: $35,460.00
AutoNation Savings: - $960.00
AutoNation Price: $34,500.00

CA Sales Tax (estimate): + $3,114.82
Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $8.75
Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $295.00
Flat Add/County Fee: + $10.00
Electronic Filing: + $29.00
Smog Abatement Fee: + $20.00
Documentation Fee: + $80.00
Balance Due (estimate): $38,057.57

I ended up paying $32,500 OTD for my SE in Metallic Grey FWD w/o AT package.

·
Registered
182 Posts
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2016 RAV4 SE AWD in Black Currant Metallic (Advanced Tec[FONT=&quot]hnology Package, wheel locks, mudgu[FONT=&quot]ards, and roof rack [FONT=&quot]crossbar[FONT=&quot]s)[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

+ 238.15 Add'l Fees
34,358.55 OTD
Thanks for the info. Are you in the US? And did you use any buying service to get that price or did you fight it out on your own?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. Are you in the US? And did you use any buying service to get that price or did you fight it out on your own?

Thanks again.
Yes, I'm in Eastern PA. I used TrueCar and Autotrader to help me negotiate that discount. Autotrader had a dealer 25 miles away listing an SE for ~ $2k off. TrueCar had two dealers on it with roughly $2k off as well, a little further away. So I went into my local dealership and asked them to match that discount and give me what my desired trade-in amount was, or I would try my luck getting that deal at the next dealer. I was really happy they took my offer because they were the only dealer close to me with a black currant metallic SE on the lot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A lot of difference in sales tax between PA and CA. I think here in AR, it would be about $2k.
Yes, CA sales tax rates are higher. However, most of the difference between the two tax numbers above is because my tax liability was reduced by my $11,500 trade-in, so I was only paying taxes on $20,854.

Some states don't reduce your tax liability for the trade-in...I believe CA is one of them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes, I'm in Eastern PA. I used TrueCar and Autotrader to help me negotiate that discount. Autotrader had a dealer 25 miles away listing an SE for ~ $2k off. TrueCar had two dealers on it with roughly $2k off as well, a little further away. So I went into my local dealership and asked them to match that discount and give me what my desired trade-in amount was, or I would try my luck getting that deal at the next dealer. I was really happy they took my offer because they were the only dealer close to me with a black currant metallic SE on the lot.
Thanks. I'm looking at the hybrids and since there are so few at the dealerships, I'm not seeing any discounted pricing showing on the few cars near me. Trucar still doesn't list it although they do show the 2016 gas model. I'm thinking/hoping the hybrids will sell for the same discount from msrp as the gas models.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all, Dealer is offering me a 2016 XLE for $26,650. The dealer had installed options line zurich shield, phone cables, first aid kit, wheel locks, dual usb ports on the back. They also give me lifetime power train warranty, life time free oil change and wash. Do you think this is a good deal? Will I get a better price if I wait a couple of months? Will I get a better price if I wait a couple of months?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey all, Dealer is offering me a 2016 XLE for $26,650. The dealer had installed options line zurich shield, phone cables, first aid kit, wheel locks, dual usb ports on the back. They also give me lifetime power train warranty, life time free oil change and wash. Do you think this is a good deal? Will I get a better price if I wait a couple of months? Will I get a better price if I wait a couple of months?
If you are happy with it then it's a good deal.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Picked up my RAV4 SE today

2016 RAV4 SE Fwd Super White/Cinnamon
OptionsL Tonneau cover, Connectivity kid, Cross bars, Protection Package Plus

MSRP $31,078
Agreed Price $29,877

Plus Taxes, etc $31,490

Less Trade-in $9,500

Total OTD $21,990 plus free cargo net thrown in

Didn't want or need the cross bars, but was only vehicle available without Navigation, which I wanted less than the cross bars. Judge is still out on connectivity kit, seems unnecessary at the moment.

The only other thing that seemed NQR was the lack of auto on/off for the headlamps. I haven't turned on headlamps since 1992 or somewhere there abouts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2016 RAV4 SE Fwd Super White/Cinnamon
OptionsL Tonneau cover, Connectivity kid, Cross bars, Protection Package Plus

MSRP $31,078
Agreed Price $29,877

Plus Taxes, etc $31,490

Less Trade-in $9,500

Total OTD $21,990 plus free cargo net thrown in

Didn't want or need the cross bars, but was only vehicle available without Navigation, which I wanted less than the cross bars. Judge is still out on connectivity kit, seems unnecessary at the moment.

The only other thing that seemed NQR was the lack of auto on/off for the headlamps. I haven't turned on headlamps since 1992 or somewhere there abouts.
What's a connectivity kit? I thought 2016 entune systems didn't need any type of kit to connect to smartphones?

·
Registered
6 Posts
2016 RAV4 SE AWD w/ cross bars, door sills, sport and carpet mats, moonroof and leather interior (I believe both standard on the SE)

Truecar pricing, $31077
Plus taxes, fees, license $33233 (Snohomish County WA sales tax 9.1% but only pay tax on new car price minus trade-in)

Trade in $12,200 (2011 Subaru Outback, fair condition, rear-end 2014 w/ $7k worth of repairs)
Toyota Rebate $500

Financed 20533

I felt very satisfied. We were looking at Mazda X-5 Grand Touring with more bells and whistles for $32000+ truecar pricing, but the RAV4 had a better ride and just seemed to be built more solid.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2016 RAV4 SE AWD w/ cross bars, door sills, sport and carpet mats, moonroof and leather interior (I believe both standard on the SE)

Truecar pricing, $31077
Plus taxes, fees, license $33233 (Snohomish County WA sales tax 9.1% but only pay tax on new car price minus trade-in)

Trade in $12,200 (2011 Subaru Outback, fair condition, rear-end 2014 w/ $7k worth of repairs)
Toyota Rebate $500

Financed 20533

I felt very satisfied. We were looking at Mazda X-5 Grand Touring with more bells and whistles for $32000+ truecar pricing, but the RAV4 had a better ride and just seemed to be built more solid.
Is it possible to take a look at this thread and check if your instrument cluster behaves the same way as mine? (same tach/speedo brightness for when headlights are on and off)

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/123-4-4-general/212569-brightness-2016-xle-se-limited-instrument-cluster.html

·
Registered
36 Posts
Connectivity kit = over priced bag of red wire phone chargers. One plug-in with two USB ports + one Apple lightening cord + one Android cord.

If there's anything more to it, I don't know what it is. I prefer my black coiled phone charger, and the red of the cord clashes with my Black & Cinnamon interior.

:wink

1 - 20 of 174 Posts