Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I currently have a 2016 RAV4 LE AWD, and over the weekend, I scratched the front passenger side of my bumper. It's the unpainted portion and the scratches aren't deep or anything, but I haven't figured out what to use to fix it.

I have searched around and seen that some people use "Mothers Back to Black" and "Meguiars Scratch X", but I heard those were more temporary solutions. I'm looking to try to get it back to how it looked before.

I attached a picture of the scratches

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
I swear by the Meguiars Scratch X 2.0...The stuff works amazing. Have taken dozens of small-medium size scratches out of the 4runner and Rav. By the looks of it, they are only surface scratches. Stuff should work wonders!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think the Meguiars Scratch X is for painted surface. The lower bumper is just black plastic. You cannot buff or polish it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I think the Meguiars Scratch X is for painted surface. The lower bumper is just black plastic. You cannot buff or polish it.

You are right about that...But in the OP's picture, it looks like the the scratches are in the painted part...
But now after an even closer look you may be right again.
If its painted, the scratch X will work great. If it's the black plastic, you could try a tire dressing/shine or a plastic/vinyl treatment.
Chemical Guys has sooooo many different products for rubber/plastic/vinyl.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts