2016 RAV4 XLE AWD
MSRP: $28,885

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
richd
That one is definitely the 2015 Limitied model, not the 2016. I don't know why that dealer claims it the 2016. The headlight, taillight, and many more have been refreshed for the 2016 model year.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think they look pretty good. I think the SE rims would look nice on a Limited, but that blue might be a bit much. I like the meaner look. Was this a California dealer?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The SE gauge cluster reminds me of my 2012 Highlander SE's cluster. Are there 4 RAV4 models to choose from now: LE / XLE / SE and LTD?

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,832 Posts
The SE gauge cluster reminds me of my 2012 Highlander SE's cluster. Are there 4 RAV4 models to choose from now: LE / XLE / SE and LTD?
Yes, that's correct, and they are priced from lowest to highest in that order. I like the gauge cluster better on the SE and Limited--much prefer a real analog temperature gauge. I wonder why the LE is rated for higher gas mileage? Is it because of the 16" wheels?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
6 Models?

Yes, that's correct, and they are priced from lowest to highest in that order. I like the gauge cluster better on the SE and Limited--much prefer a real analog temperature gauge. I wonder why the LE is rated for higher gas mileage? Is it because of the 16" wheels?
You could make an argument that there will be 6 models if you include the XLE Hybrid and the Limited Hybrid.

·
Registered
424 Posts
XLE Hybrid??? I understood only the Limited trim level would be available with the hybrid drivetrain.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
From the Toyota press release: "A no compromise vehicle, the RAV4 Hybrid will be offered in two premium grades: XLE and Limited."

Similar info was in Car and Driver, KBB, and other sources.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
The SE edition for MSRP 31 seems very high. I thought the prices were suppose to fit between the LE /XLE?
SE is the Sport Edition.

On the Corolla and Camry lines there no longer is a Limited.
You have the (base) LE, then the XLE and SE both in 3 different trim levels, with the "Premium" being what we used to know as the Limited.
Camry is a LITTLE different with an "XSE" version, but the price is almost identical to the XLE.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I too like the gauge cluster. I wish my 13 came with that cluster. o well. I cannot see why every model 16 cannot come with that cluster for gauge, at least heat temp and gas level where they are. It kills me that you have to go up in price just to get that look, its stupid.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
It kills me that you have to go up in price just to get that look, its stupid.

Who says you must? Do a gauge swap, I am sure the sender units are the same and the cluster connectors too on the '16's.

·
Registered
32 Posts

The LE models have 17 inch wheels. And they are made in Japan too! I believe the difference is due to AWD as opposed to FWD.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts