Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Rav for about 2 months and received a recall notice today. Has anyone else received this?

SUMMARY:

The subject vehicles are equipped with a Brake Actuator assembly that enables enhanced brake control functions including the Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Traction Control (TRAC), and Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), among others. There is a possibility that a component inside the actuator could have been damaged during manufacturing, preventing the actuator from operating properly. SAFETY RISK:

This could cause the vehicles not to comply with a portion of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 126, and result in a loss of vehicle stability control, increasing the risk of crash. REMEDY:

Any authorized Toyota dealer will inspect the ABS actuator. If affected, the ABS actuator will be replaced at No Charge.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was made in Canada the top right has 11/15 would that be the date? That is the only thing I saw that looked like it could be a date.

·
Registered
8,581 Posts
From the post it appears that Toyota has the needed part. - that's good luck for 4.4 owners. I have open recalls on my 4.3, parts so far not available in this part of Toyota's U.S. realm.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It was made in Canada the top right has 11/15 would that be the date? That is the only thing I saw that looked like it could be a date.
Yes, that would be manufactured in Ontario Canada back in November 2015 and you VIN should be something like 2T........

I couldn't find the thread where someone posted a Toyota recall for 2016 RAV4s manufactured in 2015....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts