Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!

New to the forum, this is my first go at a Rav4, finally decided to pull the trigger on a 2016 Rav4 SE AWD in super white with black interior. My RSX type s wasn't cutting it anymore for my outdoor life style. Hope to learn a lot from you guys on here.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
It does look like a Stormtrooper, now that you mention it. I never noticed that before.

We got the Black Currant Metallic SE, because my wife loves purple.

She also loves the remote start and the heated seats in the winter months.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does look like a Stormtrooper, now that you mention it. I never noticed that before.

We got the Black Currant Metallic SE, because my wife loves purple.

She also loves the remote start and the heated seats in the winter months.
Does the engine stay on with the factory remote start when you open the doors? I have a viper 5902 installed on my Acura and was planning to install a similar one on the Rav but I heard aftermarket ones turn off when you open the door.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Having the car shut off once the door opens is ridiculous...aftermarket remote starters are designed to shut off once the brake is pushed...gotta push the brake to take it out of park...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Having the car shut off once the door opens is ridiculous...aftermarket remote starters are designed to shut off once the brake is pushed...gotta push the brake to take it out of park...
It is ridiculous haha, I guess Im just used to my RSX being a manual, when I remote started it, it would stay on when I opened the door all I had to do is throw her in first and go haha.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Very nice. Super White is killer in a configuration like yours. Super White does not get enough love in here. :wink

·
Registered
20 Posts
How much did the dealer install the remote start feature for? OEM?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Mine had it from the factory, on the window sticker as:
V4- Remote Start $499.00

I'd guess having it installed buy them would be higher then that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello guys!

New to the forum, this is my first go at a Rav4, finally decided to pull the trigger on a 2016 Rav4 SE AWD in super white with black interior. My RSX type s wasn't cutting it anymore for my outdoor life style. Hope to learn a lot from you guys on here.
Nice ride. Looks like mine. Congrats on the buy and having good taste. :D

A month and a half later, still loving my stormtrooper. How about you nearly a month later?

·
Registered
63 Posts
How much did the dealer install the remote start feature for? OEM?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Mine had it from the factory, on the window sticker as:
V4- Remote Start $499.00

I'd guess having it installed buy them would be higher then that.
Do you use the the key fob to remote start it or is there a separate fob for the remote start? If it's a separate fob is it Toyota brand or aftermarket?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am a new Rav4 owner too. I was close to buying the exact same Rav4 but was slightly torn. I really liked the blizzard white but that only came in the Limited trim level. However, I loved the way the SE handled with the sportier suspension but blizzard white was not available. I decided the SE was for me as was leaning to the super white like yours and then I saw "hot lava" in person and was shocked how much I liked it. That's the color I ended up with.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very nice. Super White is killer in a configuration like yours. Super White does not get enough love in here. :wink
Thank you, yea there should be a show off thread for color specific only if there isnt one haha

1 - 20 of 26 Posts