Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes, I know, it sometimes upsets the neighbors, ... but when I'm looking for my silver Rav4, which looks like every other silver SUV in the mall parking lot, I want to press the "lock" button on my keyfob, and HEAR the sound of MY car. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, already did that, but in a large parking lot, with street sounds it's inaudible. It was very easy to do with my prior car - a Chevy Malibu, and I hear lots of other car's horns sound when locked. Why so hard for the rav4???

But thanks for answering. Anybody else with a suggestion?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
yes, already did that, but in a large parking lot, with street sounds it's inaudible. It was very easy to do with my prior car - a Chevy Malibu, and I hear lots of other car's horns sound when locked. Why so hard for the rav4???

But thanks for answering. Anybody else with a suggestion?
Might help if you disclose which model you actually have.

The remote doesn't work more than about 50 ft away. More than close enough to hear the beep. If you have power hatch, just raise the hatch - yours is the car with the hatch sticking up.

·
Registered
548 Posts
If you are handy, you could add an additional relay(and driver) that gets its trigger from the piezo peeper and then it activates the horn.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for your suggestion - I'm still hoping for a solution that involves pressing keys or buttons that activates something that has already been programmed. Thanks again - any other suggestions out there. Ira

·
Registered
548 Posts
Doesn't your keyfob have a red button marked "HOLD" with an icon of a speaker on it? Press and hold that button and it will activate lights and horn.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,731 Posts
I thought that was the panic alarm
Either way it'll help you/somebody to find your vehicle! ?
That's exactly how they do it at my dealership. When I return to pick up my car, the service writer uses the panic alarm to find it in the lot!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all, I'm writting from Spain (it means, apologies for mistakes writting :) ), I have a RAV4 Hybrid and there is not sound when I close or open the car, i have been right now looking for this option in the customization menu but I can't find anything to change the volume or just activate/deactivate.

Could anybody give me more details about this option within the menu (steps to find it)?

BR

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sickspeed

A friend of mine has a 2012 toyota Rav 4 and whenever he locks or unlocks his doors his car makes the beep sounds.

Does anyone know how to diable that? He isn't looking to take it to the dealer but trying to find out if there is a combination of things that need to be done to disable it. For example with my car I had to hold door unlock button and insert and take out key so many times then open door.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts