Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble installing the dome light bulb on my 16 Rav4 XLE. I bought the LED interior kits, when i try to install the dome led bulb i could not get it to fit. when i install it, i got one side in and the other side could not go in..I need help to install the dome light bulb. any suggestion? Thank You in advance.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm having trouble installing the dome light bulb on my 16 Rav4 XLE. I bought the LED interior kits, when i try to install the dome led bulb i could not get it to fit. when i install it, i got one side in and the other side could not go in..I need help to install the dome light bulb. any suggestion? Thank You in advance.
It's slightly longer, right? As 31 mm vs original 29 mm in length. Just move the contacts a bit and should fit.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I swapped most of them, they are a pita, broke one light bulb got the pieces out but haven't been able to put the socket back in place new. I've been avoiding disassembling the whole thing but it seem the only way to fix my issue.

In you case I advice don't even try to turn the bulb or you will loose the socket that's exactly what I did wrong, just push it in. BTW this should be on the interior thread.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought 29mm and it did not fit,it was loose. Also bought 31mm too but, I try to move the contacts a bit and it would not stay in place. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
449 Posts
I bought 29mm and it did not fit,it was loose. Also bought 31mm too but, I try to move the contacts a bit and it would not stay in place. Thanks for the help
Have to physically bend one contact end. Use a long nose plier will be easier.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I wish the 2016 had those at the front dome, they are much easier to install, put one of those feston on the cargo area don't know why there is only one light bulb for the cargo area, I don't find it enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
[FONT=&quot]2017 XLE has 168 / 194 bulbs in the overhead console and the rear compartment. Center roof light still festoon.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Working on installing some strip LED,s in the footwell area's.

Located a harness attached to the underside cover on the drivers side. Appears this would be used for installed lighting.

No power at one end, got to check connection at other end.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts