Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOES ANY BODY KNOW HEADLIGHT AND FOG LIGHT TYPE? JUST ORDERED NEW 2016 RAV4 XLE MODEL AND TRY TO BUY THE AFTER MARKET LED HEAD AND FOG LIGHT. THANKS

·
Registered
41 Posts
The RAV4 OEM fog lights are mislabled as H11 on the back. They were mislabled on my 2013. In fact they are H16 19W, not H11. I had tried to put 55W H16 bulbs in these for a few days, and had plastic starting to melting on the back - not good. I've tried using yellow LED's and nothing is bright enough to actually put any light on the road.

Have a look at these new PIAA Ion Yellow 19W, which just came out this year. I plan on putting these in my 2016 SE as soon as the weather warms up.

PIAA 13509 Plasma Ion Yellow 19W from Amazon

Robot Check

PIAA 13509 Plasma Ion Yellow 19W=40W H16 Bulb. I've used PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow on my 4Runner with good success.

The important factor here is they are 19W, not 55W, and should not overheat and melt anything.

For the headlights, if you have the projection headlights, Phillips 9012 might be the only source for 9012 Bulbs, which might already be in the car.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i am also on the boat for changing the headlight and fog light.

I always use the website of sylvania.com for the bulb size.

but currently they dont have the 2016 for our rav4.

if you want an affordable alternative of the foglight bulbs you can use nokya brand.

that's what we've been using on our 8th gen civic si.

·
Registered
20 Posts
H16 for the fog lights. I haven't had any luck with finding good LEDs. Amazon bands have good and bad reviews but from what I hear canbus LEDs are the way to go.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I don't think the Ravs have a canbus system. I've swapped LED's into the plate and reverse lights and have gotten no "bulb out" warning. However, I have no documented proof either way.
If you are buying LEDs in single quantities via websites they are certainly cheap enough to experiment with.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't think the Ravs have a canbus system. I've swapped LED's into the plate and reverse lights and have gotten no "bulb out" warning. However, I have no documented proof either way.
If you are buying LEDs in single quantities via websites they are certainly cheap enough to experiment with.
Sweet! I was curious if I would get some kind of warning if I put LED in the reverse lights.

The headlights in the 2016 projectors use a 9012 bulb. Specifically my rav came with philips hir2 bulbs. Pretty darn good for a halogen in these projectors. I ended up going with HID and it is amazing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
These guys have 9012 LEDs with available 45watts (5000 lumens).
9012 - Single Beam - LED Headlights Kit - LED Headlights Pro
has anyone tried this out?
That's seems like it would be bright enough if the kelvin on the "white" options is a pure white. I've never used them before and only have tried led headlights from putco that had decent light output at best. They were a bit too blue for my taste. 45 watt would probably be pretty darn bright but I hesitate at "fan cooling" I've never tried them but from forums I've read those fans end up failing and being a headache

1 - 8 of 8 Posts