Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has explored the wiring of a 2016 with the Tech package?
Although the SE only has a manual mirror (ridiculous) it does have the camera/ laser/ whatever in that immediate area on the windshield. I'm wondering if that would make for an unused connector floating up there just waiting to be connected or tapped for a homelink mirror. (I'm hoping the harness for SE w/tech and Limited (that would have a dimming mirror) might be the same)

I've read all the posts and understand how I can tap the sunroof for power... I was just hoping the harness might be there to also provide the reverse lights B+ in order to avoid pulling a wire down to the dash and trying to find that feed... I'd like that feature to work as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This won't answer your question persay, but more of an FYI. The Canadian version of the 2016 SE and Limithed both have the auto dimming Rearview mirror + Homelink so I would guess that the 'harness' would be the same.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It wouldn't be too hard to find out. If the overhead console is similar, there should only be four push clips at each corner of the console that you need to apply downward pressure to remove. Once its out you have that entire cavity open to use for searching for the harness/connector. If you need pictures of what the connector looks like, I can post pictures of what mine looks like. Just let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts