Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of replacing the fog lights on my GF's White Sport 2016. I want it to match the headlights which should be close to a 5,000K color.

The following pictures are of my car. I changed the fogs to match the HID's that came with the car. I'm thinking of doing the same with hers but I think it will look much butter on her white car.

I am looking for instructions on how to get to the bulbs. I've seen some instructions for a 2014 but I'm sure it will be different for this. Other videos show the bumper being taken off and I DO NOT want to do that. That's not even an option. Plus the bumper has sensors on it so don't really wanna mess with that.

Anyone know of instructions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention, those fog replacements on my car are LED that I bought on Amazon. They are very bright and I am 100% happy with those bulbs and are literally a perfect match to the headlights. Best of all, I got them for $25 bucks.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The yellow color is more efficient in cutting through ground-hugging fog than are 5,000 Kelvin colored lights. If you want to maximize safety for your girl friend when she drives in foggy conditions, then leave them as is.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
What he said! Ever see those European vehicles with the yellow fog light lenses? :wink

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I get it. We actually had fog for the first time in a while in this part of Jersey yesterday mainly due to all the snow melting. Big mounds of snow + rain + 55 degree weather and we have all this fog. We normally don't have fog and I never had a problem. She actually wants it to look like mine.

I like the idea and understand the concept of a 2,500 or 3,000 fog K scale color but that now reminds me of those riced out civics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
35 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/SiriusLED-Light-Bright-Projection-Pieces/dp/B00MQE9VOE

I also suggest getting the following:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LBNL3VK

It will make the back license plate look very good. Doesn't give that cheap LED effect either. Pure white like you see on the new cars for example Lexus.

Easiest, fastest installation: 5 minutes tops.

Looks good. Thanks for the info.

You plan on doing the reverse lights as well?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good. Thanks for the info.

You plan on doing the reverse lights as well?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Eventually I will on her car. Once I find a good DIY. I honestly don't want to figure it out and break something on her car.

I've done it on my car and the LED reverse lights are very bright. Almost look like spot lights. It's a miniature version of the fog light link I sent to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts