Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Yes, it is true. "The new trim adds a "sports tuned suspension", 18-inch wheels, mesh grille, LED exterior lights, SofTex seats, black headliner, and paddle shifters."

·
Registered
149 Posts
Reactions: internalaudit

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Found my next Toyota vehicle...a Back to the Future Tacoma! :wink

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
The added 2016 SE features appear to be mostly cosmetic. No higher performance engine specified in the sales pitch, only a vague reference to an "athletic powertrain." Supposed sport tuned suspension and maybe paddle wheel shifters - perhaps I have eyesight problems, but I did not see such shifters in the pic of the interior. From the advert it appears that they are steering people towards the RAV hybrid, with allegedly more power. etc.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I'm curious about the "athletic powertrain" in the se, and that the hybrid is the most powerful rav to date considering how powerful the v6 was.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
The paddle shifters would not be visible from the angle of the interior photo.
Heck... they're barely visible over the top of the wheel when you're driving it!

I do spy the Corolla SE type cluster. Test drove an SE today and the cluster is very nice.

Edit: Oh, the interior photo is the hybrid.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I do like having a leather steering wheel. Don't care if the seats are leather or not but once I had a leather steering wheel I don't think I could go back to a car without one. Call me spoiled. :)

·
Registered
846 Posts
I do like having a leather steering wheel. Don't care if the seats are leather or not but once I had a leather steering wheel I don't think I could go back to a car without one. Call me spoiled. :)
Are the leather steering wheels on the RAV4 heated? I dislike the fact the leather is hot during the summer and too damn cold in the winter but then again, I have not come across a fabric wrapped steering wheel so it may be the same for the regular non-leather steering wheels. :)

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Are the leather steering wheels on the RAV4 heated? I dislike the fact the leather is hot during the summer and too damn cold in the winter but then again, I have not come across a fabric wrapped steering wheel so it may be the same for the regular non-leather steering wheels. :)
Not heated, and non-leather is even worse.

Wow paddle shifters, I bet that will make it go alot faster. I know it will, it will. Zoom Zoom.
The Corolla cracks me up... Paddle shifters... on a CVT!

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
LOL yes and on any brand model for that matter if its a economy class car.
Well.. the paddle shifters are on the Sport trim levels....
But on a CVT?

Not only that, but a CVT where Toyota programmed "fake" shift points so it would feel like a normal trans and not a CVT... since everyone seems to hate the Honda CVT.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I believe cvt's are here to stay. most professional reviewers give the honda cvt a very good rating compare to nissan and others. just saying.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts