Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to buy some very nice condition 2016 RAV4 wheels, with the 2016 TPMS sensors in them, to put on my 2009 RAV4 Base.

Will the 2016 TPMS sensors work with my 2009, or will I need to swap my 2009 sensors onto the new wheels?

Does anyone have the DIY on getting my 2009 to learn the new sensors?

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
Suggest using the forum Search at the top of the pages (magnifying glass symbol). There have been a lot of discussions about that. Short answer - should be able to reprogram the vehicle TPMS function for the '16 sensors.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Be sure to copy the codes off the 2016 sensors before mounting the tires. You will need to enter those codes into the techstream when the techstream is hooked up to your 2009 after the new wheels with inflated tires are mounted. I don't believe the 2009 will learn the sensors. They must be programmed into the TPMS computer. So, copy the codes off your 2009 if you remove the tires in case you ever go back. If you hook the techstream up now, you can read your 2009 TPMS codes right from the techstream. Just write those down for possible future reference, although they may just about be out of battery life. In the picture below is the code off a sensor (46892D2 for this one). They can be any combination of letters and numbers. The last picture shows what the techstream screen for the TPMS looks like.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Look and see if they use the same tpms sensor part number.

If they do then you could use Techstream to add them to your 2009 ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE NEW TPMS SENSOR ID FOR EACH NEW SENSOR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts