Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes there are. but it depends on the trimlevel.
Better insulation, Advanced Tech package, memory seats, footwell lights, auto headlight leveling, colors available, el-foldig side mirrors etc.
2017 models started production in late august 2016 in Japan for Euro models.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes there are. but it depends on the trimlevel.
Better insulation, Advanced Tech package, memory seats, footwell lights, auto headlight leveling, colors available, el-foldig side mirrors etc.
2017 models started production in late august 2016 in Japan for Euro models.

Wasn't aware the 2017 Limited Hybrid has footwell Lights? Are you certain?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Also, pretty sure insulation level changed from 2015 to 2016 so the 2016 and 2017 would be no different.

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
Wasn't aware the 2017 Limited Hybrid has footwell Lights? Are you certain?

Don't know whether there are footlights in the U.S. version but Toyota often has add-ons and choices for the Euro versions which aren't available in U.S. versions. For example, check out the C-HR on www.Toyota.com and then compare it with, for example, the Toyota U.K. web site.

Nice cat on your avatar!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm turning in my 2014 Rav4 Limited this month for a 2017 Rav4 Hybrid. I can tell you with certainly the Limited DOES NOT have footweel lights. Nether Gas model nor Hybrid. Only model with them is the Platinum model.

I had the feature installed as dealer installed option on my 2014. Same will be true with this new 2017 Limited I'm about to take delivery. I'll have to buy the part (about $85) and have it installed. Makes me mad this is not standard....ridiculous.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Price and equipment

I'm turning in my 2014 Rav4 Limited this month for a 2017 Rav4 Hybrid. I can tell you with certainly the Limited DOES NOT have footweel lights. Nether Gas model nor Hybrid. Only model with them is the Platinum model.

I had the feature installed as dealer installed option on my 2014. Same will be true with this new 2017 Limited I'm about to take delivery. I'll have to buy the part (about $85) and have it installed. Makes me mad this is not standard....ridiculous.
Well, the car is quite cheap in the US. Mine costs USD 66133 in Norway. Had to pay extra for backseat heat, engine and interior heater, tow hitch, and some other minor stuff.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Well, the car is quite cheap in the US. Mine costs USD 66133 in Norway. Had to pay extra for backseat heat, engine and interior heater, tow hitch, and some other minor stuff.
Your cars are equipped very different from US. Backseat heat and others are not available as options. Even Canadian models are equipped different and some are made in Canada for US market.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The price 66k USD seems like overkill. I have too European version (Executive) model 2017 fully loaded with all toys: heated all seats, steering wheel and windshield. Sunroof, running boards, all Toyota safety senses including the birds eye view. Included were also the footwell lights and the price was like 38000 Eur. The only thing which sucks is the Entune system. They could do better it is slow "retro system". Otherwise the car is perfect. I like the "sport" button...
I thought the advertised 46 MPG was a joke but then I realized if you master the ride you can do it... until you use the "sport" button then it's a different story :)

·
Registered
846 Posts
I think the only feature the 2017 will have that our Limited with Tech package doesn't would be the touch less tailgate opening by moving/waving the foot/leg against a sensor.

I just didn't bother comparing what features are new on the 17 as the exercise will not make me feel any better. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I couln't get the foot-sensor-operated tailgate since I opted for the tow-hitch. Does anyone know if that is possible in other locations?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes it is possible, when installing the tow-hitch, the foot-sensor needs to be move to the right a few inches to keep operating. See the Ecohitch installation video from the US

1 - 14 of 14 Posts