Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the 2016 RAV4 XLE on Memorial Day and I've been trying to register on the Entune website to get the app. But everytime I enter in the VIN, it shows the error message "The VIN you have entered cannot be identified. Please check to ensure you have typed your VIN correctly and the vehicle you are trying to register is Entune App Suite-capable." The dealer told us that the xle connects music and navigation from iphones, is this not correct? How do I fix this?

·
Registered
731 Posts
I would take it back to the dealer and have them straighten it out

·
Premium Member
7,973 Posts
Only the Entune Premium supports the Entune App Suite, you don't need the app suite to connect phones, follow the directions in the manual to register your phone with the headunit and pair up with Bluetooth.

Toyota - Entune

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had same issue with my XLE that I bought 2 weeks ago. Seems even the dealers are confused. Here's the deal, Entune Audio Plus is the standard audio in the XLE. Audio Plus does NOT have the Entune App Suite. So unless your XLE was explicitly upgraded to premium audio (i.e. you paid extra for it and it's listed on the vehicle sticker), you cannot access the App Suite. And if you try to register your VIN on the Entune App Suite website, it gives you this error.

If you have the standard XLE audio, then you need to install the Scout Link app on your phone to get the in-car navigation to work. FYI, it's profoundly inferior to Google Maps and, sadly, I have resorted to using a phone holder again for my navigation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts