Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I got my 2015 xle awd with nav from the dealership almost 3 weeks ago now. I was at the same dealership the other day and they have the 2016 xle on display and checked with my sales advisor. Here are some of the upgrades on the new 2016 xle models:

Leather wrapped steering wheel
powered driver seat
powered lift gate
blind spot monitoring
rear camera w/ rear cross traffic alert

Toyota dropped the Sat radio and navigation, they are not available on the 2016 xle.

Aside from these the changes in the body and interior, the seats are upgraded fabric and the door cards have leather like finish.

This is on the canadian model, I am not sure about what you guys have in the US.

I should have waited for the 2016 but I probably wouldn't get the same deal due to higher finance rates but the upgrades are really worth it.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
After having a power liftgate on my '12 Highlander I will pass on that feature in the future.

Because of the hinge/liftgate problems on earlier model years I avoided using the feature as much as possible as did a lot of other HiHi owners.

IMO...while almost a necessity, the design was insufficient for such a heavy door - 1 motor and 1 push rod assembly; all the torque was on the left side of the door. The hinges were crap as well on the pre '12 models. Toyota replaced a lot of rear liftgates before they redesigned the hinges.

Reactions: internalaudit

·
Registered
4 Posts
2016 XLE

Just test a drove a 2016 XLE on Wednesday, and the U.S. model does not have power drivers seat. Being short, I had difficulty seeing over the hood even with the seat "pumped" all the way up. Don't remember that problem when I test drove a 2015 Limited a few months ago, so suspect a power driver's seat would help. Don't know if I can afford the Limited, though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looking back, I really wish I had gone with a remote start feature. It's a godsend when you're running late for work in the winter!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Which features were you looking for that the XLE lacked?
Mainly the SofTex seat coverings, heated front seats and power driver's seat with memory function. For as long as we tend to keep vehicles and the use/miles we put on them, fabric seating ends up falling apart, fading/discoloring/staining and generally looking like crud.

The SmartKey and heated rear view mirrors are nice to have to but wouldn't be deal breakers for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Differences between 2015 LE and XLE:
-moon roof
-fog lights
-Dual climate control
-heated mirrors/Signal indicators
-alloy wheels

I don't want or need a moon roof, can install fog lights and buy other wheels
Not sure about the 2016 models

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Differences between 2015 LE and XLE:
-moon roof
-fog lights
-Dual climate control
-heated mirrors/Signal indicators
-alloy wheels

I don't want or need a moon roof, can install fog lights and buy other wheels
Not sure about the 2016 models
All of those features were either standard or optional on the '15 XLE.

My wife's XLE has all of those, though the mirror signal indicators are the front-facing amber, not the arrows commonly seen on larger SUVs.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
At the LA Auto Show I think it was and XLE I sat in and found a tray built into the armrest now?
Inside the console, or a flat area in front of it?

The Lexus NX has a wireless charging pad for your phone in front of the console.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can have all these features and probably some you don't need by financing for a few thousand extra to get the Limited.

After having a power liftgate on my '12 Highlander I will pass on that feature in the future.
I've had my Rav4 for about 7 months and the power liftgate is flawless so far, and, for what it's worth, the Rav4 has a lighter door than the Highlander.

~bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
At the LA Auto Show I think it was and XLE I sat in and found a tray built into the armrest now?
The Canadian version has the built in tray inside as well, you can use it or lock it with the cover so it stays with cover if you open it.

Another thing that came out in 2016 xle is the standard shark fin antenna which replaced the old style one and a nicer looking OEM alloy wheels (black with polished silver) compared to my dark silver alloy in the 2015.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hmmm...I may have to look at that new cover. Mine has the sliding version and I am not real fond of it. Drives you nuts when you have your arm on the rest and hit the brakes and it slides forward.
My 2016 SE has the sliding top cover. Small items tray, and alternate tab lever for the main console compartment. The detent for the sliding arm rest is pretty strong, I don't foresee it sliding forward unless you're putting considerable weight on it. Also, it does overlap the cup holder slightly, so if you have a tall drink or bottle in the holder, you won't be able to fully extend the arm rest.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts