Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone have a picture of Weathertech bug deflector (hood) installed? They don`t have any photos and i couldn`t locate one. If you do, please post it. I really like the OEM one, but dealers in US don`t have it, only in Canada.. there are some on ebay for insane amount of money :(

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw someone at this forum mentioned prices of 120-130 dollars (not sure if it was usd or cdn ) at the Toyota dealers in Canada? That's not bad at all. I'd buy it if they ship it :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
I saw someone at this forum mentioned prices of 120-130 dollars (not sure if it was usd or cdn ) at the Toyota dealers in Canada? That's not bad at all. I'd buy it if they ship it :)
Google Sherwood Park Toyota in Alberta. A member turned me on to them and they ship to U. S. from Canada. Prices are in Can$.

Sent from my R1 PLUS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips, i ordered it from formfithoodprotectors, as far as i understood, those guys make them for toyota, maybe i am mistaken, and the only difference is the logo.. Funny thing is, deflector costs less then shipping lol! Should be here Wednesday. They have two different types for 2013 and up RAV4. Total with shipping was 114 USD. Will post pics once installed :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
2017 Rav 4 bug deflector

Hi:
Has anyone installed a bug deflector on a 2017 Rav4 that has the birds eye 360 degree feature? I was reading the manual and think it said not to install those types of things as it could disrupt some sensors. I found one on Amazon and already ordered it before reading. I had one on another vehicle and really liked it for deflecting rocks from hood and windshield. In Montana, we have rocks on the road all year due to long winters of sanding.

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Hi:
Has anyone installed a bug deflector on a 2017 Rav4 that has the birds eye 360 degree feature? I was reading the manual and think it said not to install those types of things as it could disrupt some sensors. I found one on Amazon and already ordered it before reading. I had one on another vehicle and really liked it for deflecting rocks from hood and windshield. In Montana, we have rocks on the road all year due to long winters of sanding.
We have lots of chip sealed roads here which are hard on front surfaces and windshields, I don't think a conventional hood mounted bug deflector would interfere with any of the sensors, never has on mine. But I'd be more concerned about the front camera of the 360º system.

https://www.rav4world.com/forums/125-4-4-exterior/281945-warning-front-camera-vulnerability-2.html#post2564017

1 - 10 of 10 Posts